Female Nosy Faly Panther Chameleon

Hello!

I have a bold 1.3 year old female Nosy Faly Panther Chameleon named Ducky, she was born and raised in Miami and lived outside. I got her last April and she thrived in our Florida room in North Florida from April - Mid August and laid a batch of infertile eggs around a couple of months ago. I moved her to my science classroom a couple of weeks ago and it is a lot cooler in the classroom compared to outside. Ducky's enclosure is 2x2x4 (tall) and consists of T8 uvb (32 watts), basking lamp, branches, golden pothos, and a misting system. Everything is set on a timer. The basking spot temperature is around 80-90 degrees and the humidity is between 45 - 60 percent. There is another panther chameleon (a male) with the exact setup in the neighboring enclosure (they cannot see each other). The male appears to be in perfect shape in the other enclosure.

Recently, Ducky started to blink her right eye infrequently but when it was handled out of the enclosure (20 mins max), she had not blinked at all and appeared to be fine. She has a healthy appetite and devours her crickets every other day. We ensure she receives multivitamins every other week and calcium every few days. She does receive bee pollen on her crickets every other day. She drinks well, her stool looks great and the urate looks white! I think it is vitamin A deficiency. What do you guys think? How can I fix this? Is there something wrong?

Hello!

I have a bold 1.3 year old female Nosy Faly Panther Chameleon named Ducky, she was born and raised in Miami and lived outside. I got her last April and she thrived in our Florida room in North Florida from April - Mid August and laid a batch of infertile eggs around a couple of months ago. I moved her to my science classroom a couple of weeks ago and it is a lot cooler in the classroom compared to outside. Ducky's enclosure is 2x2x4 (tall) and consists of T8 uvb (32 watts), basking lamp, branches, golden pothos, and a misting system. Everything is set on a timer. The basking spot temperature is around 80-90 degrees and the humidity is between 45 - 60 percent. There is another panther chameleon (a male) with the exact setup in the neighboring enclosure (they cannot see each other). The male appears to be in perfect shape in the other enclosure.

Recently, Ducky started to blink her right eye infrequently but when it was handled out of the enclosure (20 mins max), she had not blinked at all and appeared to be fine. She has a healthy appetite and devours her crickets every other day. We ensure she receives multivitamins every other week and calcium every few days. She does receive bee pollen on her crickets every other day. She drinks well, her stool looks great and the urate looks white! I think it is vitamin A deficiency. What do you guys think? How can I fix this? Is there something wrong?
Hi. :) Is Ducky keeping her eye closed or just doing a lot of blinking/cleaning? What specific brand of multivitamin are you using? Does your calcium contain D3?

Back
Top Bottom