female mt. meru pics

mcleodschams

Established Member
My female my. Meru got in this morning we picked her up at air canada cargo. Here are some pics ill get more once she settles in. Hope you like her she looks pretty good actually I was a bit worried pics don't do her justice.

Attachments

• IMAG1979.jpg
    IMAG1979.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMAG1975.jpg
    IMAG1975.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 125
  • IMAG1978.jpg
    IMAG1978.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 148
  • IMAG1976.jpg
    IMAG1976.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 186
Ya her horn is the only problem I have my vet said there is not much we can do as its broken we have to keep an eye on it. Now I'm looking back at pics when I was gonna buy her they look like her horn is broken already which ticks me off that's something that I should have been told but she says it happened in transit

She sure does I should have put this in an older thread that has the two of them but my "new dwarf" is the thread he is on sorry I can't load pics and it won't let me post the link to the thread

Nice! I'm learning that their horns are very fragile and rarely straight. My females horn was jacked up also and the babies horns aren't real straight either.:)

Nice! I'm learning that their horns are very fragile and rarely straight. My females horn was jacked up also and the babies horns aren't real straight either.:)

Thanks she is better then I expected her to beealth wise and temperament she was nicely hydrated and nice and hearty she is not overly aggressive just kinda gaps at you when you approach her she was also coming out of a box lol so we will see how she does but all in all I'm very happy I decided to make this purchase. I felt it was a risky buy but it turned out good

As I may have said in your other post, one day I'll have to get me a pair or trio. They are my favorite Jacksons.

As for the horns, I've never seen a female with a straight horn. They are always pointed upward. So your female should be normal, unless I'm mistaken.

I don't see a bad brake in her horn, so it must be just a crack. I've had a Quad come in with all his horns broken and I found that by applying neosporin to the area(s) prevents infection and fungus. My old quad's horns healed quite nicely and is still going strong two years later.
This quad is now in Chad Norton's care, and should be 5 years old or older...still likes to breed at this age, the horny fool.

I wish you luck with her.

Harry

There is a shipment of my meru here in Ottawa floating around I have the contact if there is any interest not sure how but there is i have a feeling it might be a shipment that has been in the country for a while or maybe mislabled i will be looing into it further but if its the real deal i will have info very soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom