Female laying eggs question

Not sure about misting...she needs the hydration. If she’s out of the hole and on a branch, I’d say mist away. Otherwise set up some sort of diy dripper, like a cup with a pinhole. Yes, lights off.

So lights are off, she's at the top of the bin but still moving around/ playing with the sand. If/when she falls asleep, should I spray the viv then? Or leave her be? (I only got to mist once today)

Thank you for everyone helping me and bingo our first time with this! My boyfriend heard her moving sounding like she was on the leaves, so I moved one cloth and she was on leaves at the top of the viv. I sprayed her and she was enjoying it it seemed like which is good. She’s a dark dark color and it’s hard to tell if she’s much skinnier because all of her lights are off. Will update in the morning!

So this is Bingo! I think she looks much smaller. She’s basking now, and I sprayed her/ her Viv previous to that. I just left for student teaching, and my boyfriend is going to feed her lots of the gutload crickets and spray some more. I’ll be home at 3 to update/ see if she did lay/ how many she laid!!!
Edit: my boyfriend said she’s back in the sand. We already put some crickets in, but he put the cloth back up so she has privacy.

Attachments

• ECB4C6FB-FC4E-40E0-86AF-04C1C9AF5354.jpeg
    ECB4C6FB-FC4E-40E0-86AF-04C1C9AF5354.jpeg
    263.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Came home around 3pm and this is what she looks like! She ate all her crickets but it’s 3:30 now, do I feed her more or wait and feed her again tomorrow? Do I go back to feeding every other day, or feed every day now? And lastly, should I wait until tomorrow to sift through her lay bin? Thank you! I’m hoping she’s all good and won’t have to bring her to a vet!!

Attachments

• 7EB185FF-11F4-4317-A2B3-93669D315121.jpeg
    7EB185FF-11F4-4317-A2B3-93669D315121.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 98
I usually feed them well for a COUPLE of days and then cut them back.

I have always had my cages set up so I could swap lay ins so the chameleon doesn't realize anything is different so I can dig the eggs up....but I don't know if that would work for you.

I usually feed them well for a COUPLE of days and then cut them back.

I have always had my cages set up so I could swap lay ins so the chameleon doesn't realize anything is different so I can dig the eggs up....but I don't know if that would work for you.
Ahh I don’t :/ but tomorrow when she’s basking I can take them out and then put it back in as soon as possible! Thank you for replying for the feeding question- I have been feeding her 8-10 medium every other day. So should I just feed her 8-10 crickets daily (or more?) for the first few days like you mentioned? Thanks a bunch!

Back
Top Bottom