Female laying eggs question

Hi everyone. I posted on here yesterday, and after talking to some of you, I was able to find out my chameleon is a girl (veiled). I guess petco doesn’t know their facts like you all said- they told me it was a boy! Anyways, her name is still Bingo and when we purchased her a little less than a month ago, they said she was between 3-5 months. I took some pictures of her today in hopes you all could help me figure out what age is she.
Now that I’ve found out she’s female, I’ve been hearing about them laying eggs, and really have no idea about this. I’ve read that this occurs (generally but definitely varies) around 6 months of age, and I want to make sure I have eveyrnting she needs. If you could leave any tips, or any articles/ links that would be beneficial to me it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a bunch.

Attachments

• 15A46C96-CDA5-46AE-B843-218A897FB9FB.jpeg
    15A46C96-CDA5-46AE-B843-218A897FB9FB.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 287
  • CFEFBEEC-9258-4AF5-8294-FFDF2CA8A4EF.jpeg
    CFEFBEEC-9258-4AF5-8294-FFDF2CA8A4EF.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Hi everyone, my cham is still not at the stage of having eggs/ ready to lay. However, tomorrow I am going to put a lay bin inside her enclosure so she can get used to it. I have a question on feeding: I am feeding her about 12 small-medium crickets each day, but have read that over feeding can cause issues with eggs. Am I feeding her too much? My other question (and I know this is in the future but I worry) when she is laying, I read she must have complete privacy. I will cover the fourth side so she feels safe, but do I need to put crickets in her cafe during the day like normal feeding? And do I mist like normal? Thank you so much! Just a worried mom here haha

Hi everyone, my cham is still not at the stage of having eggs/ ready to lay. However, tomorrow I am going to put a lay bin inside her enclosure so she can get used to it. I have a question on feeding: I am feeding her about 12 small-medium crickets each day, but have read that over feeding can cause issues with eggs. Am I feeding her too much? My other question (and I know this is in the future but I worry) when she is laying, I read she must have complete privacy. I will cover the fourth side so she feels safe, but do I need to put crickets in her cafe during the day like normal feeding? And do I mist like normal? Thank you so much! Just a worried mom here haha
You said she’s about 5 months not? If that’s true you want to cut back her feeders to maybe 6 medium feeders every other day right now and as she gets older you will need to adjust the amounts again. Female nutrition is very important

My cham is maybe 7-8 months. Not too sure because I didn’t get her at birth. But, during the mornings I notice she spends time near the bottoms of her enclosure. I don’t think I ever see her digging, but I’m just a little confused becuase she’s still small, and has shown no signs of receptive or gravid colors?? The first two pics are her normally, and the last one is when I’m misting her (to show how her blush can look different, but she still doesn’t seem like she has eggs )

Attachments

• EA367C75-940A-4359-B2BE-CAB199E78781.jpeg
    EA367C75-940A-4359-B2BE-CAB199E78781.jpeg
    198.8 KB · Views: 236
  • F9825182-E38A-4BD9-99D2-E6E5489FE85A.jpeg
    F9825182-E38A-4BD9-99D2-E6E5489FE85A.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 236
  • B96B131F-C7CB-4AB1-AC0E-F1CE6FF5F424.jpeg
    B96B131F-C7CB-4AB1-AC0E-F1CE6FF5F424.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
SHES DIGGING- I come home from my classes, and Bingo is digging in the corner of her lay bin. I'm not sure if she's digging her laying hole or just exploring, but I covered the sides just in case. I didn't notice any signs of her being gravid yet and the eggs didn't look like they were fully ready, but this is my first time so I'm a little anxious. I covered the sides and her lights are still on. She only ate about half her crickets yesterday, which I've read can be a sign they are ready to lay. Do I turn her lights off at normal hours tonight? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Edit- I heard it sounded like she was climbing on the leaves so I went over to a peep hole and looked, she is back on one of her branches at the top of the cage... not digging anymore. There is a small little dig in the corner of the bin but that's it. Maybe she's just testing it out?

4:30pm... (about 3 hours in) cant see her from my little peep hole, but I hear her still digging. I can look at a different spot but she may see me, should I try that or just leave her be?
Edit: 5pm: I got to see her quickly. All I can really see if her back legs and tail. She’s getting there!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom