Female dropping eggs when she poops

My female ambilobe dropped 6 eggs today, 5 on top of the soil and 1 on the bottom of the cage. They are perfect shape,size and color.

I put her into a bigger cage with a larger bin(thinking she doesn't like the current bin) She hasn't dropped any more, nor has she gone down to check out the bin, yet.

At what point should there be concern about being eggbound?

Nothing since this AM. I'll be home in an hour so I'll see then. Hopefully she's digging.

Well I just came home from work to find a dirt covered Nosy Be girl witha look on her face saying "Have I got a surprise for you!".... 15 healthy looking eggs!!! So 19 total 4 early drops that were yellow and soft already tossed. BOOM!!!!

The egg count is now @
31 Ambilobe (see my classified post for a better pic of the sire)
36 Nosy Be (see below)

The slow painful wait continues.... but here are the sires if anyones interested!

Attachments

• IMAG0302.jpg
    IMAG0302.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 171
  • IMAG0356.jpg
    IMAG0356.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 105
Sometimes a chameleon will lay eggs that it already knows is infertile....

I had my veiled lay her 2nd clutch (1st that was fertilized) and for about a week after she pooped out eggs here and there... All of there were bad. But she acted VERY normal other wise.

Local reptile shop with a couple VERY knowledgeable cham owners who work there gave me this explaination... She has since stopped dropping eggs and bein the big ole fat momma chameleon that she is...

Back
Top Bottom