Female chameleon egg laying (sorry if I put it under the wrong title)

faith.j.p

My chameleon is currently in the process of laying eggs and she has dug a hole to my estimate about 5-6 inches deep and I have noticed that she has stopped digging and is kinda just laying in the hole. I don’t want to disturb her or anything to see what’s going on but it is very worrying to me, is it normal for a chameleon to take breaks while digging?

She is digging again now I think she may have just stopped for a bit, the tunnel did not collapse but her nose was facing down

Here's the way it should go.
She should dig the hole until she's satisfied with it....then turn around butt down and lay the eggs n the hole. She should fill in the hole and tamp it down and return to the branches hungry, thin, thirsty, maybe covered in dirt. Sometimes they dig a couple of test holes first...but it sounds like she's committed to the one she's diggin now.

If it doesn't go the way I described...post again right away.

Good luck!

It’s very late so I don’t know if I’ll get a fast reply but it dosent look like she’s moving anymore once again kinda just sitting on the hole, she was moving around about 3 hours ago when I had checked prior, I have turned off all her lights except one so that I can still see a bit (I’ve been checking on her via the flashlight on my phone) she’s not nose down she’s laying horizontal, it Dosent appear that the hole has collapsed but she’s not moving. Since it’s so late is she asleep? Is that normal? I’ve heard some chams take up to 24 hours to lay there eggs do they sleep at all during that?

It’s very late so I don’t know if I’ll get a fast reply but it dosent look like she’s moving anymore once again kinda just sitting on the hole, she was moving around about 3 hours ago when I had checked prior, I have turned off all her lights except one so that I can still see a bit (I’ve been checking on her via the flashlight on my phone) she’s not nose down she’s laying horizontal, it Dosent appear that the hole has collapsed but she’s not moving. Since it’s so late is she asleep? Is that normal? I’ve heard some chams take up to 24 hours to lay there eggs do they sleep at all during that?
My girl did the same, during digging she slept in her hole and was she also laying horizontal. Then she continued somewhere early mornings and covered everything up by the end of that day.

Okay good I’m glad to know that’s normal, this is my first time having a chameleon lay eggs so this is all new and scary.

Don´t know if it´s normal, at least mine did it. Was also my first time and it´s nerve breaking game. Read a few times that they sleep in their hole, in between digging, so I think it´s common.
Hang in there, hopefully it´s all over tonight 🤞🍀

Back
Top Bottom