Female Cham

RayenaeTargaryen

I'm not sure if this is where this question belongs, sorry if it doesn't...:confused:

I have a female right now who is currently too young to breed or have eggs, but when should I start thinking of getting a male? I heard that was the best way to handle a female having eggs. I just want to know what to expect when the day comes, even though she's still got a ways to go.

About 9 months to a year is the soonest they should be bred.. But the Cham can develop eggs as soon as 6 months.. It will show you when she's ready with her mating colors

Thanks for the heads up. Not quite sure what her mating colors are, but I'll be on the look out for any physical change around 6 months.

You do not need a male for her to lay eggs, and mating her too young puts a physical strain on her body that can be detrimental. Veileds can sometimes be prevented from laying eggs all together when their diet and temperatures are controlled after reaching sexual maturity. There is no reason to get a male unless you actually want a male, and there is no good reason to mate her before 12 months of age on purpose if she is your pet.

Back
Top Bottom