Female cham is laying eggs general questions

Kaycool

so my female veiled cham is digging her hole to lay her eggs and in the middle of digging her hole she just quite i havent botherd her ive been out of my room so can they do that or is something wrong

She may dig a few holes before she decides on one she likes. I recommend covering the bottom 2/3 of the cage so that nothing distrupts her.

Ok ya i will do that I have a 5 gallon bucket and she dug a really big hole I don't think there's enough room to dig another hole but she just came out of the hole and left the bucket too

She may dig a few holes before she decides on one she likes. I recommend covering the bottom 2/3 of the cage so that nothing distrupts her.
Ok ya i will do that I have a 5 gallon bucket and she dug a really big hole I don't think there's enough room to dig another hole but she just came out of the hole and left the bucket too

Hello. So my female is diggin right now. Should i be like motel 6 and leave the light on or just let it cycle? I figured id comment before making a post. Got about a hr till night time and shes prolly not done yet, she hasnt backed it in yet. Shes a first timer lol.

Here's how it should go...
When she's digging do not let her see you watching her!!

She may dig one hole until she's happy with it ...or she may dig several test holes and then settle on one and dig it until she's happy with it. She may dig for a while and return to the branches and start again later ...or the next day even.

Once she's happy with the hole she will turn around butt down in the hole and lay the eggs...usually in the evening. It might take an hour or several hours. She may even sleep in the hole overnight.

When she's done laying them, she should fill the hole in and tamp it down and return to the branches ...hungry, thirsty, thin, dirty.

After she has finished and returned to the branches, you should dig up the eggs to see how many she laid so you will know if you're over feeding her.

If she's taking a break between digging you can feed her and water her...but try not to take too long to do both. Don't leave any insects in the cage.

If she doesn't do what I said above, then post on here again....and get her to the vet ASAP. For instance...if she's sitting low in the cage, sleeping during the day, lethargic, phantom lays, etc.
(Phantom laying is digging s hole, acting like she's laying the eggs, filling the hole in but when you dig it up there's nothing there).

Good luck!

Here's how it should go...
When she's digging do not let her see you watching her!!

She may dig one hole until she's happy with it ...or she may dig several test holes and then settle on one and dig it until she's happy with it. She may dig for a while and return to the branches and start again later ...or the next day even.

Once she's happy with the hole she will turn around butt down in the hole and lay the eggs...usually in the evening. It might take an hour or several hours. She may even sleep in the hole overnight.

When she's done laying them, she should fill the hole in and tamp it down and return to the branches ...hungry, thirsty, thin, dirty.

After she has finished and returned to the branches, you should dig up the eggs to see how many she laid so you will know if you're over feeding her.

If she's taking a break between digging you can feed her and water her...but try not to take too long to do both. Don't leave any insects in the cage.

If she doesn't do what I said above, then post on here again....and get her to the vet ASAP. For instance...if she's sitting low in the cage, sleeping during the day, lethargic, phantom lays, etc.
(Phantom laying is digging s hole, acting like she's laying the eggs, filling the hole in but when you dig it up there's nothing there).

Good luck!
Shes still diggin away. I left the light now an extra hr. All ive seen of her is her butt and tail since 4. I may give her another hr of light and cut it. But she did have a gravid stage, beautiful, and looks full. This was within the week.
20210127_171856.jpg

I turned the uvb and heat off couple hrs before i cut it off. Kept the led on for a hr before turning it off, like a dusk to let her know its getting dark. Then cut it out. This morning i left before the light. My uncle is at the house and said she is out of the borrow and back in the tree, the hole is covered and packed. Ill be home about 5 and ill see how many we got. Whats a good number to look for? I know lower the better. But i can use this as a basis to adjust her meals. Thank you all for your knowledge

finally home from work. shes dug back in, in a different hole. she filled the 1st one in came up, uncle said she looked skinny when she came back up but she coulda been flatten out cause she saw him, she was misted, fed and took a doo doo before going back in.

no she hasnt seen anyone or anything while diggin. only time was when she came up and sat on the branch to get her food and drink. im gonna do the samething i did lastnight with the lights.

Back
Top Bottom