Feel like laughing at my expense?!

CamoChameleonsHuman

Chameleon Enthusiast
So Saturday I decided to head to my local reptile shop to pick up 200 medium crickets. The wife went to the cabin this weekend so she took the truck (only vehicle with AC). My options were my motorcycle or my car (neither have AC). I worked the night before and was feeling lazy so I took the car. Granted it's about 100* in the sun yesterday. I had 2 errands to make total. Crickets and dispensary (med card in Colorado). I decided to get crickets first as it was a stop on the way to my favorite spot if you catch my drift... Anyways I pick up my 200 and head to my next destination. Show id I'm first in first out bing bang boom right? Back in the car flying home on the highway and all of a sudden I see my cricket bag starting to look like a bag of popcorn. Crickets litteraly popping against the bag... Almost home almost home almost home!!! Park run to the door with my bags and noticed about 100 dead crickets belly up like dead fish.... $10 down the drain. Moral of the story folks is crickets pop like popcorn!

So Saturday I decided to head to my local reptile shop to pick up 200 medium crickets. The wife went to the cabin this weekend so she took the truck (only vehicle with AC). My options were my motorcycle or my car (neither have AC). I worked the night before and was feeling lazy so I took the car. Granted it's about 100* in the sun yesterday. I had 2 errands to make total. Crickets and dispensary (med card in Colorado). I decided to get crickets first as it was a stop on the way to my favorite spot if you catch my drift... Anyways I pick up my 200 and head to my next destination. Show id I'm first in first out bing bang boom right? Back in the car flying home on the highway and all of a sudden I see my cricket bag starting to look like a bag of popcorn. Crickets litteraly popping against the bag... Almost home almost home almost home!!! Park run to the door with my bags and noticed about 100 dead crickets belly up like dead fish.... $10 down the drain. Moral of the story folks is crickets pop like popcorn!
And then today we have a torrential downpour that is literally turning stairways into waterfalls. The great Rocky Mountains, people!

LOL, if you ever need someone to laugh at your experience you can call me anytime!

Ok your turn to laugh at my pain!

We catch all wild feeders during the spring and summer here, make at least one trip a week into the woods/swamp. Well one part of the trail to get to my good spots has a big 10’ deep ditch one one side with a gate across the trail, I have to drive my brand new $10,000 Can-Am around the side of the gate on a sharp ledge to get where I’m going. Made it around on the new bike just fine, caught about 50 katydids, coming home... when I get back to the gate I hit the ledge at a bad angle and one tire goes off the edge and the whole bike rolls twice into the ditch! I bailed before it rolled and was fine but I was stuck in the slop so my brother had to grab my truck(also new at that time) and come pull me out. Get that done and I’m so worried about f-ing up my new truck and bike I completely forget about the katydids, but my brother doesn’t, saw the milk jug they were in and throws them in the back seat and drives my truck home while I take the bike.

He never told me he picked up the jug and he didn't notice a whole in the side. Jug sits in my truck open all night. 530AM rolls around and surprise 50 angry katydids scattered and hiding in absolutely every corner of my truck! Not happy!

LOL, if you ever need someone to laugh at your experience you can call me anytime!

Ok your turn to laugh at my pain!

We catch all wild feeders during the spring and summer here, make at least one trip a week into the woods/swamp. Well one part of the trail to get to my good spots has a big 10’ deep ditch one one side with a gate across the trail, I have to drive my brand new $10,000 Can-Am around the side of the gate on a sharp ledge to get where I’m going. Made it around on the new bike just fine, caught about 50 katydids, coming home... when I get back to the gate I hit the ledge at a bad angle and one tire goes off the edge and the whole bike rolls twice into the ditch! I bailed before it rolled and was fine but I was stuck in the slop so my brother had to grab my truck(also new at that time) and come pull me out. Get that done and I’m so worried about f-ing up my new truck and bike I completely forget about the katydids, but my brother doesn’t, saw the milk jug they were in and throws them in the back seat and drives my truck home while I take the bike.

He never told me he picked up the jug and he didn't notice a whole in the side. Jug sits in my truck open all night. 530AM rolls around and surprise 50 angry katydids scattered and hiding in absolutely every corner of my truck! Not happy!
That was way worse! Lmfao

My turn,

We were coming back from the pet store (I bought her there bc the living conditions were horrible) and I had Codas box in my hands, I let my 5 year old brother hold the crickets, NOTE TO SELF: That was a stupid idea. During the middle of out trip home Ethan(The Beast) decided to shake things up a little no, at lot actually. (Those crickets must've had the worst headache ever!) So The Beast made an improv maraca out of the cricket bag. I told him how bad the crickets must've felt and he felt SO bad that he NAMED EACH AND EVERY CRICKET!! He had grown very attached to the bugs, by the time we got home. We all went to sleep including the chameleon. The next morning The Beast woke up and had a complete meltdown over me feeding my pet "his pets". He was so sad that I let him spare one... that one was gone the next day.

at least you didn't leave them in the car and forget, only to find the god awful stench of death the next day. Did that once with marinated squid bate in August. I couldn't sell that car if I wanted to after that.

smellycar.jpg

Back
Top Bottom