Feeding

Walter85

I bought a NF panther chameleon at the repticon show. He is 3 months old, when is the best time to start feeding him worms. I've been feeding him crickets since I got him?

Hi and welcome, you probably got him from Scott, and on the forums he is known as Texas Panther Man. It depends on what type of worms you are talking about. Most people use crickets as their staple feeders, but you can also use silkworms as another staple. Meal worms and super worms are usually used as treat and not fed all the time. Dubai roaches are also a good staple feeder and easy to breed.

you could start feeding him now but just make sure they are small enough. The only problem is they tend to start liking worms over crickets, so I would take the other members advice and just as treats for now. My panther is basically on a worm diet due to his lack of interest in crickets. I hate roaches so that aint happenin!

I bought a NF panther chameleon at the repticon show. He is 3 months old, when is the best time to start feeding him worms. I've been feeding him crickets since I got him?

You can feed little panthers a variety of feeders from day one - just make sure the size of the prey is appropriate. Typically this means the prey is no wider than the space between the chameleons eyes, and no longer than half the body length of the chameleon. Really soft prey, like silkworms, can be a bit bigger.

So, you could be offering small roach nymphs, small butterworms, small silkworms, really small superworms...
Check out this blog entry for a nice list of feeder choices:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/74-feeders.html

Yes I did get him from Scott a.k.a Texas Panther Man he was pretty cool. Love my chameleon, my bro is JCH979 he also got one from him. What do yall think about Scott and he's chameleons??

Yeah scott is a great guy, he knows a lot about panthers and has some of the healthiest baby falys i've ever seen. You got an extremely healthy baby, and if you have any questions, I'm sure Scott would be happy to answer any of them.

you can start now, waxworms (on occasion), Butter worms (which are great for calcium), silkworms, even small hornworms. I truly hate mealworms, and superworms. They are low in nutrition, and i wouldnt even suggest feeding for the sake of variety.

Back
Top Bottom