Feeding

TrueCut

attached is a picture of my new cage that i have been working on it is not finished yet I still have a few things left to do however. as far as feeding goes I have been cup feeding but I feel that this could possibly not be good for a cham because he doesn't even try he just gets as close to the crickets as possible and his tongue goes like 1 inch. I am also worried about free range feeding in the cage because the crickets if they managed to get to the potting soil they could lay eggs. what do I do?

2ii99wo.jpg

I've always free fed my crickets and used to have a lot of live plants and I never once had a problem with them laying eggs in any available dirt. Your cham should eat them before they really get a chance to do that anyway. If there's some left over after he's done hunting then maybe you're putting too many in there. It's better in my opinion for them to hunt for their food and have to shoot for it. Keeps them engaged more since looking for food would be most of their daily activities in the wild. I really wouldn't worry about cricket infestation though...

personally. i also cup feed my little ones but i dont leave the cup in their cages. i dont know if thats the proper way or not..this way when its feeding time i hold it up. and they dont go right inside and just scoop them they shoot their tongues out. also they get happy when they see me coming with the cup haha.

personally. i also cup feed my little ones but i dont leave the cup in their cages. i dont know if thats the proper way or not..this way when its feeding time i hold it up. and they dont go right inside and just scoop them they shoot their tongues out. also they get happy when they see me coming with the cup haha.
Cute! I don't see anything wrong with doing it that way. If that works then you won't have to worry about loose crickets!

female crickets have the spike (ovipositor) at the rear for laying eggs, you can either pick and choose males only, or simply limit the number you introduce at any time.
I like them hunt and display natural behaviours so I free range crickets. Cockroaches tend to hide so these are cup fed.
Pretty much everything else is free ranged. :)

Back
Top Bottom