Feeding?

lizard

Hi i am a new owner of a male veiled chameleon. I have been looking at many different sites on what to feed him, he is approximatly 2 yrs old and healthy. My question is can u feed them crushed dry cat food, tropical fish flakes and canned iguana food? Some sites are saying YES and others say NO. So does anyone know? plz help i do not want to feed him anything that might make him sick.:confused:

God No! No cat food, no fish flakes, no iguana chow, its a chameleon.

Insectivorious and occasional plant muncher. You could gutload insects with the Iggy chow though. (depending what is in it, but wet gutload isnt good either.) :)

Where did you get it? What did they tell you? Is that what they were offering it? If it is I dont see how it could be in good health.

Thank u

I knew that didnt sound right but owning different types of reptiles i have heard lots of unbelievable things. thank u for the answer.:)

LOl, No problem, most feeder insects you can buy commercially are good. somebody here will know of a list/places to but near you or online. :)

Hi i am a new owner of a male veiled chameleon. I have been looking at many different sites on what to feed him, he is approximatly 2 yrs old and healthy. My question is can u feed them crushed dry cat food, tropical fish flakes and canned iguana food? Some sites are saying YES and others say NO. So does anyone know? plz help i do not want to feed him anything that might make him sick.:confused:

Chameleons eat LIVE gutloaded crickets, superworms, silkworms, roaches, hornworms. Emphasis on LIVE. What site are you looking at that says that is OK?
Welcome to the forums and please ask questions-sounds like you need some answers.

Back
Top Bottom