Feeding

ari+chapo

Just got a baby veiled recently and I was wondering if anyone has had success in hand feeding to help with him being so timid?

Put the food in and walk away. Right now your goal should be to get him comfortable in his new environment. Once he’s relaxed and eating normally then you can move onto making him comfortable with you.

Attachments

• AE42793F-FB0C-4EC6-9F85-8A3585BC6FCB.jpeg
    AE42793F-FB0C-4EC6-9F85-8A3585BC6FCB.jpeg
    242 KB · Views: 119
Put the food in and walk away. Right now your goal should be to get him comfortable in his new environment. Once he’s relaxed and eating normally then you can move onto making him comfortable with you.
I’ve had him for almost a week he seems pretty content with his cage me roams around and hasn’t been very aggressive when I’ve gone in Just wondering if that is the right thing to do when the time is right.

We generally recommend a two week settle in period but each case is unique and are really the only one who knows when that point is. Yes, hand feeding is the most common and successful way of gaining his trust.

welcome to the forums, I hand feed my cham every week to ensure that he knows me but not every day to make sure I don't stress him out too much

I have no advice, i actually didn't realize hand feeding was a thing that people thought about.
I just started realizing how much personality my guy has by how he was in the mornings. He'd either wake up happy and hungry or cranky and hungry. When he was happy - dump the buggers in and let him hunt.
But if he was cranky, I'd put them in a dish and he'd almost run on to my hand ( i don't think it was a trust or bond thing, i think hes just smart enough to know it was the quickest way to the food) and he'd hold onto my fingers for support and snatch up his food. Instant mood change. Though he didn't do much different, its just an air of personality he has that i never expected..
Anyways i just wanted to share, am trying to be more active in here :)

Back
Top Bottom