Feeding worms

Yeah, I usually get one shot a weighing and measuring before they are fed up with me. I try to at least weigh everybody monthly. Now you have a baseline to monitor his growth.
He looks bigger in your picture. I'd guess 8-9 months but I'm not an expert at xantholophus.

Unfortunately he did not make it. I guess the heat was too much for him. Last week we had a storm and lost power and the temps were almost 100F during the day. I still want to try to have a chamaleon, but with this temps I don't know if there a species that can handle them. :(

I'm so sorry for your loss. Montane species are not going to work for you. Veiled might if you had better control of your temperatures.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Montane species are not going to work for you. Veiled might if you had better control of your temperatures.
What do you mean by better control of the temp? I'll see if I can find the temp range for the veiled. I was thinking on add air conditioning for my living room, but I cannot leave it running during the day.

What do you mean by better control of the temp? I'll see if I can find the temp range for the veiled. I was thinking on add air conditioning for my living room, but I cannot leave it running during the day.
My veiled has suffered through 100 degrees F for about a month. AC was not helping cool down the house as it gets to hot here. My veiled seems fine.

Yes I did. I was not Misting a Lot. Not even at night since temperatures didn't really drop.
Yeah summer temps can mess up schedules. I have my basking light on a thermostat and we had a few days where it would just kick off totally because the house got too warm. Where I live they do not put in air conditioning because anything over 75 degrees is so rare lol.

Yeah summer temps can mess up schedules. I have my basking light on a thermostat and we had a few days where it would just kick off totally because the house got too warm. Where I live they do not put in air conditioning because anything over 75 degrees is so rare lol.
Sounds like paradise... I'm in the process of moving out, I'm going to see how that works out. Also, I'm Thinking of building a bigger cage since Uncle Sneaky C. will have his own room.

Ohhhhhhh your in Puerto Rico.... Gosh hun I do not know. You would want to check locally with any pet store you may have there. See if they have a way to ship one in. :(
I bought one from petsmart and the other from petco. I don't think any of those will agree to have a veiled ship here. Thanks anyway, I'll keep looking online.

Back
Top Bottom