feeding wild grape leaves ?

little leaf

Avid Member
are the "wild" grape leaves ok to feed - I see on Sandras blog,that grape leaves are ok, but are the wild ones ok- or do they have to be from a store/vineyardn?

As long as they are found in the woods you are good. You dont want the sprayed ones(they are not very hearty so vineyard one have natural or artifical pesticids/fungals on them).
My dubia and silkies wouldnt raw leaves (leafs?). Crickets would...

PS: hack them all down at the end of the year so they double in size next year!

As long as they are found in the woods you are good. You dont want the sprayed ones(they are not very hearty so vineyard one have natural or artifical pesticids/fungals on them).
My dubia and silkies wouldnt raw leaves (leafs?). Crickets would...

PS: hack them all down at the end of the year so they double in size next year!

yes, they are in the woods...and back yard.....front yard... LOL
I was going to start to hack them down, to get the cool branches - but then I thought about the food source - the grapes? they can eat those also ? they are the purple ones ~ not green

yes, they are in the woods...and back yard.....front yard... LOL
I was going to start to hack them down, to get the cool branches - but then I thought about the food source - the grapes? they can eat those also ? they are the purple ones ~ not green

WE bred the color into grapes just like the bell peppers :)

A vine that is not chopped at the end of the year will not grow grapes next year. Only new growth will grow grapes, thats why you hack them down at the end of the year so they grow 2 GRAPE vines at the cut next year.

All my feeders will eat grapes and cherries if i smash them first, none will chew into the skin to get to the pulp on their own though.

I will give them a try- those roaches will eat a lot of food, but seem to be a bit picky as to WHAT food tho - my 'breeder" bin, they are fussy- my "teenager" bin- they eat about a cup of food a night, and on wet gut load night- they just about come up after it before I can even get it into the bin :eek:- lol - I try to keep dry food 24/7- but I have yet to find an amount that will last the whole night into the next day - but I dont want to keep adding and adding- they are so fat now, when you pick them up they barf !!! EWWWW :eek:

Back
Top Bottom