Feeding superworms

So after all your comments on superworms I have obtained some can I just pop them in to his cage or do I have to hand need them also how many do people recommend not a staple just a change in food sources

So after all your comments on superworms I have obtained some can I just pop them in to his cage or do I have to hand need them also how many do people recommend not a staple just a change in food sources
I don't put them in the cage because the little buggers will burrow into anything and everything and you can't get the damn thing out!!!! I feed mine with tongs (because I also can't stand holding them and they bite:wideyed: not hard of course, but still gives me the heebie jeebies) I give Ripley about two or three over the course of a week.

oh and I apologize I did not comment on the rest of your question. So you only want them to be like 20 percent of the diet. so if you are feeding 10 feeders I would only make 2 of them superworms. :)

I don't put them in the cage because the little buggers will burrow into anything and everything and you can't get the damn thing out!!!! I feed mine with tongs (because I also can't stand holding them and they bite:wideyed: not hard of course, but still gives me the heebie jeebies) I give Ripley about two or three over the course of a week.
Thanks will hand feed them
oh and I apologize I did not comment on the rest of your question. So you only want them to be like 20 percent of the diet. so if you are feeding 10 feeders I would only make 2 of them superworms. :)
yes just giving variation on diet so as variation would 1 super worm and 5 cricks be enough for that dys feed?

Thanks will hand feed them

yes just giving variation on diet so as variation would 1 super worm and 5 cricks be enough for that dys feed?
So this will be an excellent resource link for you. https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/panther/

With the little guy being under 6 months. You will want to be feeding about 10-12 feeders each day. At the 6-7 month age you are curbing slowly to an every other day feeding. So reduce number of feeders by 2 each week on your every other day until you are down to no feeders every other day. And keep him at the 10-12 on the feeding days until he is 12 months old then you will drop back to 7-10. Most of the time they curb their food intake on their own as they start reaching adulthood.

Back
Top Bottom