Feeding Stick Insects to Chameleons?

pennington

Does anybody feed stick insects to their Chameleons?

I have a Panther Chameleon and thought about adding variety to the diet. Rather than locusts all the time and the occasional waxworm I thought young stick insects would provide a good feed stuff. Anybody tried it?

Does anybody feed stick insects to their Chameleons?

I have a Panther Chameleon and thought about adding variety to the diet. Rather than locusts all the time and the occasional waxworm I thought young stick insects would provide a good feed stuff. Anybody tried it?

Indian walking sticks make an excellent feeder choice

I started a colony of indian sticks a while ago and just fed off one of the adults, my cham seemed to really love them and it was awesome seeing her eat it. They are also ultra easy to maintain a colony of so I would definately recommend them.

I started a colony of indian sticks a while ago and just fed off one of the adults, my cham seemed to really love them and it was awesome seeing her eat it. They are also ultra easy to maintain a colony of so I would definately recommend them.

Where did you get yours to start with?

Find a suitable spot with no pesticides and plenty of bramble that they like to eat. You should be able to catch enough to start a colony. You dont even have to worry about sexing them.

Find a suitable spot with no pesticides and plenty of bramble that they like to eat. You should be able to catch enough to start a colony. You dont even have to worry about sexing them.

Hmm we used to have blackberry bushes by the lake near my home wonder if there would be any there? I need to look into them in my area I am all for new feeders for my little ones.

Great one of the native ones to Florida is the Florida Native Two-Striped Walking Stick or Anisomorpha buprestoides and from what I read it secretes an odiferous fluid in sac-like glands within the thorax that can be discharged up to 12 to 15 inches with accuracy when threatened or disturbed which cause eye irritation. So that's a no go for local walking sticks ... doubt I can import any either ... got to love Florida.

Hmm we used to have blackberry bushes by the lake near my home wonder if there would be any there? I need to look into them in my area I am all for new feeders for my little ones.

If you cant find sticks in that spot. Im sure you'll find katydids or grasshoppers in those blackberry bushes. Thats usually where I catch alot of katydids. The hoppers seem to go back into the bramble at night.

If you cant find sticks in that spot. Im sure you'll find katydids or grasshoppers in those blackberry bushes. Thats usually where I catch alot of katydids. The hoppers seem to go back into the bramble at night.

Very good I will have to do a sweep when I get home today. My son will love going out bug hunting.

Back
Top Bottom