Feeding Schedule Questions...

Veiledtsgnm

I have a female veiled chameleon who is around 7-8 months old.... I have been feeding anywhere from 6-8 crickets a day sprayed with the calcium spray(yes I know that the powder is recommended but the powder is hard to find without D3) every morning... I was wondering for a chameleon her age should I be feeding every day or every other day? How many should I feed at that time?

I would still feed every day, try sticky tongue farms outdoor powder u can get it On the Web. Thats primarily what I use. 5 In the mourning and 5 inthe afternoon. But there are many others On here that have had much more experience than i.

I feed everyday. At 7 months, a Veiled can be eating anywhere from 8-12 medium crickets a day. I do 3-4 calcium coated in the morning and 4-9 regular in the afternoon. Try to avoid feeding too late, they need time to digest. All crickets are gut-loaded.

I feed everyday. At 7 months, a Veiled can be eating anywhere from 8-12 medium crickets a day. I do 3-4 calcium coated in the morning and 4-9 regular in the afternoon. Try to avoid feeding too late, they need time to digest. All crickets are gut-loaded.

Ok thanks for the help... Im going on vacation for a month and my family will be taking care of her ( yes im scared to leave her under their care) and I was trying to figure out how often to tell them to feed her... Im hoping that they take good care of her if they don't I will be one upset person.... I am making them take a class taught by me on how to properly care for her plus im leaving a care sheet...

Ok thanks for the help... Im going on vacation for a month and my family will be taking care of her ( yes im scared to leave her under their care) and I was trying to figure out how often to tell them to feed her... Im hoping that they take good care of her if they don't I will be one upset person.... I am making them take a class taught by me on how to properly care for her plus im leaving a care sheet...

Haha, enjoy the break. Im sure the cham will be fine. I put a big list on the wall and leave simple instructions whenever I gotta go out of town. Just a note, a cham will be fine going about 3 days without food. In some cases, they can go up to a week without food. They aren't like a dog that can get sick and unhealthy. Chams have really good metabolisms that allow them to stay relatively healthy when food is scarce. Water is the really important daily necessity. Good luck pal.

Ok thank you so much for that encouragement I feel so much better now.... but another quick question.... I have a 2 liter dripper that needs to be filled up every day to 2 times a day... Besides the store bought stuff is there another option for a bigger dripper or a way to make it last longer?

Two liters is about half a gallon. If you can get an empty gallon milk jug or similar you can poke a small hole in the bottom and place on top of or hang above the cage to act as a dripper. I've heard of people doing this with success. It might buy you more time between filling but test it out first to make sure the drip rate isn't too fast or slow. Also make sure your cage can handle the extra weight. Good luck and enjoy your vacation!

Back
Top Bottom