Feeding schedual for a 5 month old panther

naich

hello everyone, im new here and origanaly from repticzone.lol, if there is a rilvalry. So lets get to the point now.

On jan 25th ill purchase a male 5 or 6 month old panther cam from screameleons. It will be bought at the whiteplaines reptile expo.
I was thinking of feeding him crix in the morning and around 4pm a few silkworms.

How many of each will i be feeding him a day?

How often do i supplement them with the multivitamen and calcium with D3..like weekly?

And when can i feed him supers?
Thanks alot and please respond!

You can give him about 5 or so 5/8in crix daily or a couple small/medium silks. Do not feed at 4pm it is a little late. You want plenty of time with the heat lamp on for them to digest, so it would be best not to feed past say, 2 or 3pm. You can give him a multi vit every other week till hes about 8 months and then cut back to once a month. D3 monthly and calcium w/o d3 about 3 times a week assuming you gutload thoroughly and use uvb lights. Hope that helps

thanks abunch, i am planing on feeding the crix fresh kale,mustard greens,escarole,collard greens, oranges, butternut squash and some fish food.

Is that ok?

Thanks so far.

The frequency of Calcium with D3 will depend on gender, age and product you intend to use. Take a look at RepCal and Zoomed Calcium with D3. They quote quite different amounts of D3 per kilo.

My RepCal with D3 quotes 400,000 IU / Kg.

Does anyone have a container of Zoomed Repticalcium with D3 and can post the D3 IU/Kg content?

I assume Repcal is more a once or twice a month Cal with D3 dust and the other more of a daily or weekly dust, although I would never use or recommend cal with D3 excessively.

well i dont know anything about them fancy measuring units. But i just want to know how many times a week do i give a 5 month old male pure calcium?
Then how may times month do i give calcium with D3?
Then How many times a month do i give the multivitamen?

Please dont get too complicated...lol

Go with light dusting of calcium on most or every cricket or superworm. I personally dont put it on silkworms.

He's still growing a fair bit from 5 months to 12 months, so let him eat plenty. 5-10 bugs a day. Cut back some as he nears/passes 12 months. Some folks will say reduce slowly and then feed every other day. I think most folks dump feeder in every other morning. I feed my adults every day, usually breakfast and late lunch, but only a total of a few bugs each day. You do want them awake and warm for a couple hours after their last meal, so time it accordingly.

How often you use the calcium with D3 with depend on the concentration of the D3 in the product. Plus if you are using quality UVB light tubes changed regularily, or if your chameleon gets real sun (not filtered through glass) your D3 supplementing needs will not be huge. I use it twice a month. Some people use it more, espcially with younger chameleons. I use vitamins twice a month - on the weeks opposite to the use of D3..

You must remember you are using fish food in your gutload. This already contains much of your d3 needs. So use the d3 sparingly and do not incorporate too much fish food in your gutload. I use it, but make sure its a high quality vegetable based fish food like omega super veggie. Fish food is also a very potent protein so not too much, but a little bit helps. Also, since you are using greens try some turnip greens, they have the highest calcium concentration of the greens. Good luck

You must remember you are using fish food in your gutload. This already contains much of your d3 needs. So use the d3 sparingly and do not incorporate too much fish food in your gutload. I use it, but make sure its a high quality vegetable based fish food like omega super veggie. Fish food is also a very potent protein so not too much, but a little bit helps. Also, since you are using greens try some turnip greens, they have the highest calcium concentration of the greens. Good luck

Good points. Dont use fish food or at least not much of it

I give my crix spirulina flake once per week, but it is pure spirulina no meat or other veg.

Back
Top Bottom