feeding routine

Trist

Hi! i’m trying to learn everything i can before i get a cham and that includes feeding.

what vitimins should i supply them with and when? what multivitamins should i supply them with and when? how do i
gutload?
sorry if these sound dumb i just wanna know.
thank you!

You gutload by giving healthy foods to your feeder insects, and then feeding those insects to your cham. I made a list of good ingredients to use: Gut Loading Ingredients
As for the vitamins, you should be dusting your feeders with calcium and vitamin dust right before each feeding. They should be free of phosphorus, and only use calcium with D3 in it about every two or three feedings. Anything else? Also, a good calcium dust brand would be Rep-Cal.

I use reptivite with d3 once every other week and calcium with d3 on the alternate week. All other feedings they get calcium without d3. I feed my chams about 5 days a week and they are about 1 year old. s

Gutloading can be very detailed but here's my simple version... probably not the best method. Whatever is available is fed to my roaches. Today they got dandy lion leaves and a cotton banana. They get apple cores, and sweet potato skins a lot too. I buy carrots because they are like $0.50 a pound at walmart and last weeks and don't mold in the cage.I

The key seems to be variety of insects. I use dubias as my base but am switching over to orange heads. I have been using black soldier flies and larvae a lot lately. I bought a wine fridge so I can buy in quantity. Stick insects are fun but a pain to use in when quantity. Get your insect Colony started well in advance. At least one kind so you never rely completely on the mail or let shop.

Great list camryn! Mine is the lazy man's way. Lol. Dandelions are supposed to be excellent and free right now. Just make sure No one sprays where you collect.

Back
Top Bottom