Feeding Questions!!

Trist

Hi, I am new to the forums and the chameleon way of life. I don't yet own a cham, but I am doing my research and making sure I will be prepared. But I am afraid of something strange. Im scared when I put the crickets in the cagethat, one, they wont be found by the chameleon, and two, The crickets, if not found, will nibble the cham. I know its weird but I am just a bit concerned.

Thank you for the help!

Well I don't use crickets at all, so you could go that route and only feed roaches as the staple. Another option, go bioactive substrate, add leaf litter, all of that and any hiding crickets will have plenty of food available they won't bother your chams. I had a colony of crickets living in my one enclosure for almost a year without any problems.

Well I don't use crickets at all, so you could go that route and only feed roaches as the staple. Another option, go bioactive substrate, add leaf litter, all of that and any hiding crickets will have plenty of food available they won't bother your chams. I had a colony of crickets living in my one enclosure for almost a year without any problems.
Thank you for the tips!

I have one more question if you don't mind. Will hand feeding the lil boyo make him really lazy? or will he be fine just walking around the cage for exercise?

You can also make a cricket feeder out of a milk jug or something smaller. Remove the front and glue screen on the back for the them to crawl on. Just search on here on how to make one.

Crickets for me still seemed to get out at times. But I think it was because I used bandeds and they jump higher.

Hand feeding is great, just occasionally put some worms on his branches or whatever. Mix it up. Should be fine!

Handfeeding is good for building trust and the like. I know of one person who just faced an issue with their cham because they were only handfeeding, and that was the only way the chameleon got food. Just make sure you maintain a good balance, just like anything in life.

Handfeeding is good for building trust and the like. I know of one person who just faced an issue with their cham because they were only handfeeding, and that was the only way the chameleon got food. Just make sure you maintain a good balance, just like anything in life.
Thank you so much for the help!

Crickets for me still seemed to get out at times. But I think it was because I used bandeds and they jump higher.

Hand feeding is great, just occasionally put some worms on his branches or whatever. Mix it up. Should be fine!
thanks !

Back
Top Bottom