Feeding pinky mice

I was told there is no such thing as a dumb question but I feel like this one is loaded soooo..... are chameleons known to eat there offspring if given the chance??

They wouldn't know, eggs hatch long after the female is gone. I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate eating a baby chameleon.

IMO I think their stomachs are built to handle crap. They must come across a ton of venomous/poisonous creatures, along with plants. I've seen my cham(tried to stop him) eat lady bugs, stinkbugs, and other things they shouldn't with no apparent problems. Same goes with wasps and bees. Veileds eat pothos without problems among other plants. I am definitely on the side of playing it safe, but i tend to believe they're built to withstand a lot.

True. My vet told me his Cham loved to eat bees and wasps and he lived to almost 9 so they definitely can handle some stuff they shouldn’t be eating or that we at least don’t think they should be eating. But who knows there’s always more to learn about these guys.

Oh I didn’t mean actually busted for the animals. I meant his exact story how the cops thought it was a meth lab from all the lights. But I thought it would be more they thought it was a weed grow op.
Do u think in the middle of night when alphakenc I having a date with my sweet pillow and have freaking firetruck n flashight in my face and I can give 2 poops about the difference of meth or weed lab....lord have mercy pardon my transgressions:notworthy:

I’m curious when you were feeding pinkies did you see any side effects? Or any undigested materials?

I would think it would be good to feed more soft bodied insects around the time of feeding pinkies to make it easier for digestion. Thoughts?

Again, they got clean bills of health from the vet. I had no prolapses, hunger strikes, etc. The veiled just got fed as many pinkies/fuzzies(hey its been 25 years) as it could eat in a feeding, once a week. And that was about it. They were frozen, from the good ole "the mouse factory" before they had to close down due to the sole manager leaving without notice.

Oh I didn’t mean actually busted for the animals. I meant his exact story how the cops thought it was a meth lab from all the lights. But I thought it would be more they thought it was a weed grow op.

Yup, Dont have "grow lights" in site of the public in the early 2000's, or stop by the local hydroponics/pond shop too often. You will get a visit/checkup...

Oh God, I've had an entire room of plants (for my chams) under lights in our basement. You could see there were lights for something through the window, but it's one of those thick windows that distort the view. It's also an unfinished old "pittsburgh basement" we call them, most houses here have them. Concrete, damp, etc lol.

I didn't read all the posts but just gonna chime in with my experience. I don't think pinkies are something to avoid if they are fed sparingly. Once per month or two months is all I would do personally. A large veiled or panther (and other larger cham species) shouldn't have an issue digesting them.

I found out that my veiled, Kyle, have an appetite for fast food... Which is why I have to keep the hummingbird feeder away from his outdoor free range... That hummingbird chose the wrong spot on the feeder to perch for a few seconds long enough.

Saw my chameleon eyeing the feeder since the hummingbird were hovering around and he was catching the movement. Never thought he would catch one until I heard his tongue hit the feeder and I saw a wing hanging out of his mouth as he chewed away...

Back
Top Bottom