Feeding dubia's from a colony

Bought the ingredients for the gut load cubes as well as a feeder bin, ordered the ice cube trays off of amazon so I have to wait until Tuesday to make it. Going to freeze whatever is left over that will not fit into trays and cut it up later.

Mustard greens, acorn squash, avocado, mango, organic bananas, bee pollen, dubia chow, repashy bug burger, and unflavored gelatin..I may have a carrot that I can throw in as well.
IMG_20190811_144352.jpg IMG_20190811_144401.jpg

I've been using this stuff since I started my colony and as soon as I put it in they completely cover it, literally within 30-60 seconds. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5GC2P4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think it's a good staple feeder to maintain a colony, while mixing in random fruits/veggies that you may have around the house.

For the bugs that will be fed off, you want them loaded with even better stuff--hence the fruit/veggie cubes. I will probably even throw the cubes into my colony on occasion, but my feeder tub will be the main focus for these.

I'm still trying to get my panther to eat them. I have a full throttle feader run, and they just stay at the bottom.
He seems to like the CuC beetles that occ get thrown in.

I am trying to train him to like them because I cant deal with all the chirping from the banded crickets, or the smell from the house crickets.

I'm still trying to get my panther to eat them. I have a full throttle feader run, and they just stay at the bottom.
He seems to like the CuC beetles that occ get thrown in.

I am trying to train him to like them because I cant deal with all the chirping from the banded crickets, or the smell from the house crickets.
I'm in the same boat. When I first got him at 3 months old he would eat 15-20 nymph dubia's every day. I eventually treated him to superworms and that was the end of his appetite for dubia roaches. He was into crickets for a few weeks but that eventually stopped. The only thing he would eat consistently was superworms. I made a mistake by allowing him to eat these..not realizing how bad they are. He's been on a hunger strike for around 4 days now, I am holding out since I have no choice but to get him on a healthy diet. I am going to pick up some crickets to see if he will go after them...I'll take anything that is gut-loadable at this point.

Back
Top Bottom