Feeding Dubia roaches

I pick 4-5 veg and then add 2-3 fruits from the image below.. I add bee pollen as well. I put it all in a food processor and store what I do not need in the freezer.

chameleon-gutload.jpg

And no spinach right.. Because I have finally learned that it is the one that is calcium binding :hilarious:

You're right, some other veggies do as well, but I wouldn't worry if it's just a little once in a while. Generally just a good thing to avoid in large amounts.

You're right, some other veggies do as well, but I wouldn't worry if it's just a little once in a while. Generally just a good thing to avoid in large amounts.
Ok and can I buy one of those fruit combos that have the cut up melon, strawberries, and blueberries? Seemed like a good variety to throw in here and there but I was not sure if all could be used. I follow your guide to a T lol.

I prefer feeding them veggies over fruit. Not only are veggies generally more nutritious, but they do not become moldy as quickly as fruit.

How often would I need to feed them? I just got 400 babies before I went out of town and I threw a couple baby carrots and a couple pieces of papaya in. (The papaya got taken out by the person I have feeding my cham)

I make mine in a blender with most vegetables from the list above^^^^ and I put one fruit, sometimes two and add bee pollen. I then pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze. When frozen, I pop the cubes out and store in tupperware in the freezer . I just pull out how many cubes I need and put in bug bins in little trays.

I make mine in a blender with most vegetables from the list above^^^^ and I put one fruit, sometimes two and add bee pollen. I then pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze. When frozen, I pop the cubes out and store in tupperware in the freezer . I just pull out how many cubes I need and put in bug bins in little trays.

That doesnt turn into a melted gooey mess in the bins?

Since we are talking about dubias, are albino dubias a common thing? I just saw 2 of them in my bin. Or is it just molting or something

Not at all...I forgot to say I add a pack of Knox unflavored gelatin to the blender :oops:

Isn't this made from collagen? From animal bones, skin, etc?

I thought it was best to avoid feeding our insects animal products like this.

I could be wrong though. Just wondering :)

Back
Top Bottom