Feeding Dead Crickets

Herocleasin

Okay, so I have crickets die in my cricket keeper all the time (and I'm sure everyone else does too), but when they die, instead of throwing them away I sometimes put them in a container of dead bugs. Today I recently, for the first time, fed Archie two dead crickets, without thinking of things like how they died, and where they've been. It was pretty surprising because I know chameleons rarely go for dead bugs, but Archie did. Anyways, I came here to ask if he's going to be alright. I know I should've done my research before feeding him the dead crickets but there's nothing I can do about that now.

It all depends on where the crickets have been, how they died, and when they died. I think that your cham will be fine. I am not an expert so don't take my word to far. Cricket ceepers aren't the best place to have/raise crickets. I would recommend building your own cricket pen that has more room and space. If you search it up in chameleon forums they have stuff about cricket pens. Hope that helps to some extent.

Believe it or not Your Cham comes with an immune system. He will most likely(90%) be fine but you know what you did was wrong.

There is no reason for you to be loosing crickets. I rarely do. Go to Walmart and buy a 10gal aquarium for $14 and use that instead. Do not put egg crates in there, break off several branches with thick leaves from a tree and use that instead. How do you feed and water them? Do you supply them with heat? Where do you get them?

Believe it or not Your Cham comes with an immune system. He will most likely(90%) be fine but you know what you did was wrong.

There is no reason for you to be loosing crickets. I rarely do. Go to Walmart and buy a 10gal aquarium for $14 and use that instead. Do not put egg crates in there, break off several branches with thick leaves from a tree and use that instead. How do you feed and water them? Do you supply them with heat? Where do you get them?

My when I say I loose them all the time, I mean like I loose about one every two weeks, per the average life span of a cricket. I usually have crickets that live to about a month, unless of course I feed them to Archie, but by a month they're usually all gone, due to Archie eating them. I feed them some fruits that hold moisture very well, so they are well fed and hydrated. I actually don't heat them but my room temperature is usually 75 during the day (more in Archie's cage don't worry), and 72 during the night. I get them at PetSmart always.

My when I say I loose them all the time, I mean like I loose about one every two weeks, per the average life span of a cricket. I usually have crickets that live to about a month, unless of course I feed them to Archie, but by a month they're usually all gone, due to Archie eating them. I feed them some fruits that hold moisture very well, so they are well fed and hydrated. I actually don't heat them but my room temperature is usually 75 during the day (more in Archie's cage don't worry), and 72 during the night. I get them at PetSmart always.
Don't get your crickets at PetSmart. That is too expensive, just buy online.

Back
Top Bottom