Feeding cup

Hi, was just doing some research and it says a feeding cup is optional for a terrarium. What type of food is used for a feeding cup? Chammy007

Feeding cups/feeder runs are used to contain feeders of all sorts. This is in part to stop them from climbing all over the place and getting lost in the terrarium, and partially to monitor food intake. Some feeders work better in cups than others, such as (most) roaches and worms. For crickets, I put half in the cup and let half freerange to promote hunting behaviors. Some chams prefer one method over another.

Thanks so much. Any feeder cups you’d recommend? Do they make cups that are specific for feeding chams?chammy007

Here is one I made from ABS pipe and it is very useful as you can see, I have an open wire enclosure and small crickets can escape.
You can purchase one like this commercially if you wish.

Attachments

• 20190926_091810.jpg
    20190926_091810.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 163
Another example of feeding cup I made. Just need something to contain your feeders. Pretty simple.

Attachments

• 20190926_122819.jpg
    20190926_122819.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 93
I like the 20 ounce, stainless bowls/cups made for use in bird cages.
They have a sturdy wire frame that mounts to the cage or wall. Allowing the bowl to be lifted out and cleaned.
Also, the stainless is too slick to climb and the 20 oz. size has a lot of surface area.
A little more expensive. Maybe. But it'll last for a lifetime.

I like the 20 ounce, stainless bowls/cups made for use in bird cages.
They have a sturdy wire frame that mounts to the cage or wall. Allowing the bowl to be lifted out and cleaned.
Also, the stainless is too slick to climb and the 20 oz. size has a lot of surface area.
A little more expensive. Maybe. But it'll last for a lifetime.
This may cause a cham to stress though. It will show a reflection. :(

This may cause a cham to stress though. It will show a reflection. :(
I had never considered that.
They're pretty wide and short.
There could be "fun house" distorted reflection.
If I ever see him looking at it, I can wrap some tape across. Or give it a quick shot of paint.

I had never considered that.
They're pretty wide and short.
There could be "fun house" distorted reflection.
If I ever see him looking at it, I can wrap some tape across. Or give it a quick shot of paint.
I would avoid tape just in case a piece came loose. I have seen some really sad threads where chams get their skin attached to the tape.... and well lets just say bad things happen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom