Feeding chameleon

Destany

trying to see if crickets could be completely removed from my chameleons diet?
He is more interested in worms. As long as I gut load and dust would it be okay to stop feeding crickets?

trying to see if crickets could be completely removed from my chameleons diet?
He is more interested in worms. As long as I gut load and dust would it be okay to stop feeding crickets?
yes of course! variety is great! just make sure the worms you are feeding him every feeding are good staple worms.
D187E1E6-0647-4361-B27C-3FCD92B8BF7E.jpeg

i do not feed my cham any crickets. instead, i do black soldier fly larvae, roaches, and the occasional superworm/hornworm

How old is the chameleon? You do not want to transition them off of crickets unless they are actively eating other healthy gutloaded feeders. You still have to supplement correctly each feeding as well.

He is 6 months old.
He already is eating super worms also eats meal worms but I don’t give them very often.

But if I am gut loading and dusting each feeding it would be okay to take out crickets?

As mentioned superworms and mealworms are not staple feeders. These can not be gutloaded as well as staple feeders can be. So those would not be able to be used as replacements for crickets. You would have to start using roaches and silkworms with the superworms here and there. Mealworms are not used by most keepers because they are so low in nutritional value compared to other easily obtained feeders.

Back
Top Bottom