Feeders...

RachelRiot

Well we have attempted several times to breed crickets and well, they just do not want to breed for me. I got them to lay eggs and we just had no luck incubating and hatching them.

So now we are trying to find another staple food that we can easily breed. I bought some supers tonight at the pet store to try to give to Brody. Tomorrow will be her first taste of one.

I am wondering how easy it is to breed supers. Is there another staple that is easily bred?

I am spending a ton of money on feeders around here and I am just looking for new ways to cut my costs (so I can but more fun stuff for my herps :D)

Rachel, see what I wrote about Kingworms. I believe that is another word for super worms. Anyway, the directions are what you need. I have raised supers for about 6 months and it is easy, simple and not yeckie. I did it on a small scale just to see if I could, but am increasing my efforts to feed them off to 4 adult chams and one 4 month old little one.

It takes a long time to get started but once they get started they are fun to watch.

Rachel, see what I wrote about Kingworms. I believe that is another word for super worms. Anyway, the directions are what you need. I have raised supers for about 6 months and it is easy, simple and not yeckie. I did it on a small scale just to see if I could, but am increasing my efforts to feed them off to 4 adult chams and one 4 month old little one.

It takes a long time to get started but once they get started they are fun to watch.

Thank you so much. I am going to go check it out now. :) How many did you start with? I have one veiled approx. 6-8 months that I would be feeding.

roaches are known to be very good as well. easy to maintain, silent and breed really fast.

I have a horrible fear of roaches. My parents were pretty poor when I was a kid and I grew up with roaches. I remember being afraid to sleep some nights cause I didn't want any roaches to crawl into my bed. Needless to say, I cant do roaches.

Back
Top Bottom