Feeder to Fatten up Gizmo?

Lindz

I'm currently gut loading crickets and was wondering if there was a worm that I could give him to fatten him up. He came to me with his ribs showing and the crickets aren't working much. He's eating because I watch him when he does and I feed him every day. I would try silks or horns but they are just so freaking expensive for me atm. :rolleyes:

wax worms are high in fat so you could add a couple of those here or there in your feeder schedule should fatten him up nicely, you could also add in butterworms too if you want variety

well butter worms are better for your cham than wax worms i think. Wax worms are the fattiest things that i can think of so if you want to fatten him up just feed some of those but not too many.

I'm not convinced you have a male; does Gizmo have spurs on his back feet?

S/He is definitely wild caught so instead of masking the anorexia issues with fatty, unhealthy food, I would suggest an trip to the vet for a check-up or at minimum a fecal. If s/he is filled with internal parasites (and it's a strong possibilty) it doesn't matter how many bugs you put into the front end, any nutrients are not going to be absorbed in the middle section and s/he will not gain weight and become healthy.

I can not agree more then with what Trace said.

BTW, waxworms and supers are the fattest thing you can offer.
Butterworms are one of the least fat content feeders and should not be cofused as a fat food.

Harry

I can not agree more then with what Trace said.

BTW, waxworms and supers are the fattest thing you can offer.
Butterworms are one of the least fat content feeders and should not be cofused as a fat food.

Harry

ditto

Also, can you post a picture? The ribs often show some on a healthy chameleon that is not overweight.

Here is a picture.

DSC01793.jpg

And I would take him to the vet but I just don't have that kind of money and bill is $150 just for the office visit. That's not including getting anything tested.

I also read that males don't always have the spur on their back foot. When he got mad and saw his reflection in the mirror he got bright orange with black spots and the flaps on his neck stood out. Don't know if that makes him a s/he though.

Back
Top Bottom