Feeder tank size

ZombieChameleon

Hey guys. I have a 19gal tub with some screen on the top of it for a feeder tank. I'm not sure how many crickets I can keep in there. I want to order about 500-1k. That should last me about a month or so. Does any one know if my tub is big enough for that?

Yes you can house 1000 crickets in that size of a container easily. They key is though make sure and use plenty of Egg Flats in there. I use the large ones. You can stack them pretty high. You want to provide them plenty of places to hide. The more you have the more crickets you can house. I stack about 6 of these Egg Flats giving them plenty of room. I house about 2000 in a 20 gallon bin and about 5000 in a single 30 gallon bin.

Yes you can house 1000 crickets in that size of a container easily. They key is though make sure and use plenty of Egg Flats in there. I use the large ones. You can stack them pretty high. You want to provide them plenty of places to hide. The more you have the more crickets you can house. I stack about 6 of these Egg Flats giving them plenty of room. I house about 2000 in a 20 gallon bin and about 5000 in a single 30 gallon bin.

Thanks for the quick reply and info

You can easily fit 1000 in there as long as they have something to climb up on! Depending on the size of the crickets, you can fit plenty more in there. With smaller ones you can get at least 5000 comfortably. I can keep 1000 smalls (1/4") in 5 gallons just fine.

Hey guys. I have a 19gal tub with some screen on the top of it for a feeder tank. I'm not sure how many crickets I can keep in there. I want to order about 500-1k. That should last me about a month or so. Does any one know if my tub is big enough for that?

A month! Wat are u feeding?

You shouldn't have any problems housing that many together as long as you have enough egg flats and things for them to hide in so that they have room. You don't want them piling on top of each other because when they have limited space you have more die and then they eat the dead ones. You also want to keep up on the gut load because if you have that many, a few are going to die and again you don't want them to be eating each other.

Also, keep up on the cleaning! If you don't the gasses the dead create will kill the live ones pretty quickly! It's more of a pain in the butt when you only get one order a month and have to clean with the live ones still in there.

Also, keep up on the cleaning! If you don't the gasses the dead create will kill the live ones pretty quickly! It's more of a pain in the butt when you only get one order a month and have to clean with the live ones still in there.

I agree keeping a cricket bin clean is a nightmare! lol

I agree keeping a cricket bin clean is a nightmare! lol

Its actually pretty easy to clean and takes maybe 15 minutes to clean all three of my bins that house more than 10,000 crickets. I clean the bins once a week. What you do is take out the food/dirt containers you may have in. Then simply shake each egg flat shaking off the cricket poo into the bin then set aside the egg flats saving it for later. Once you have shaken out every egg flat then tip the container so all the cricket poo goes to one side of the bin. Then on the other clean side stack all the clean shaken out egg flats so the crickets run to that side. Also what helps to entice them to go to the other side is putting a heating pad underneath the bin on the side you want them to go. After about 5 to 10 minutes once most if not all of the crickets have gone back to the clean side with the egg flats just vacuum out the egg poo and that is it. Set it back up the way you would set it up with the food, egg container's, etc.

Are you going to feed anything except the beardie you got from my sister? Ordering 1000 crickets for just him is a waste. Most will die off before one beardie eats them. I would order a 2 week supply, allow some extra, and order 200. Unless you get a killer price on 500 then go for it. Feeding a 1000 crickets is not going to be cost effective.

Its actually pretty easy to clean and takes maybe 15 minutes to clean all three of my bins that house more than 10,000 crickets. I clean the bins once a week. What you do is take out the food/dirt containers you may have in. Then simply shake each egg flat shaking off the cricket poo into the bin then set aside the egg flats saving it for later. Once you have shaken out every egg flat then tip the container so all the cricket poo goes to one side of the bin. Then on the other clean side stack all the clean shaken out egg flats so the crickets run to that side. Also what helps to entice them to go to the other side is putting a heating pad underneath the bin on the side you want them to go. After about 5 to 10 minutes once most if not all of the crickets have gone back to the clean side with the egg flats just vacuum out the egg poo and that is it. Set it back up the way you would set it up with the food, egg container's, etc.

Yeah i didnt put out what I meant, I mean if you don't keep up on cleaning it like you, myself and I am sure a lot of other members do, cleaning that thing after a month of just letting it go is just awful. My good friends had me feed there guys one weekend when they went on a trip and they let there bin go to hell. I literally could not even stand the stench and I almost threw up lol

Back
Top Bottom