feeder prices?

busterboy

how much does everyone pay for their crickets/mealworms/roaches/etc...
include shipping costs :D

ill start

20$ for 1000 mealworms (including shipping)
20$ for 1000 crickets (local pet shop)
8$ for 50 waxworms (local pet shop) ---- never again
1$ for 10 crickets (local pet shop)
1 hornworm for 1$ (local pet shop)

how much does everyone pay for their crickets/mealworms/roaches/etc...
include shipping costs :D

ill start

20$ for 1000 mealworms (including shipping)
20$ for 1000 crickets (local pet shop)
8$ for 50 waxworms (local pet shop) ---- never again
1$ for 10 crickets (local pet shop)
1 hornworm for 1$ (local pet shop)
u should look into breeding ur own feeders! saves alota $$$ and u know what ur getting! :D

you can look into ghann's GREAT program. my next order of crickets will cost me $30 for 4,000 1/2" plus shipping so around $50 bucks total. or $7.50 per 1,000 1/2".

Yea, I'm dying to have a feeder breeder nearby. Like, how amazing would it be to live in the same city as Mulberry Farms, or Ghann's Crickets, or Small Pet Feeders, etc.? Just drop in, pay only for the insects and not have to spend another $20-40 in shipping! Ahhh, that would be the life! I'd order a lot more, that's for sure.

But a typical order of maybe 2,000 crickets and a couple cups of hornworms, with shipping, will run be close to $50.

That's why I breed my own roaches and that saves me quite a bit. Except when I have small/baby chameleons who eat more than 3-4 nymphs every few days, and then I definitely need to bring in crickets in bulk.

Yea, I'm dying to have a feeder breeder nearby. Like, how amazing would it be to live in the same city as Mulberry Farms, or Ghann's Crickets, or Small Pet Feeders, etc.? Just drop in, pay only for the insects and not have to spend another $20-40 in shipping! Ahhh, that would be the life! I'd order a lot more, that's for sure.

But a typical order of maybe 2,000 crickets and a couple cups of hornworms, with shipping, will run be close to $50.

That's why I breed my own roaches and that saves me quite a bit. Except when I have small/baby chameleons who eat more than 3-4 nymphs every few days, and then I definitely need to bring in crickets in bulk.

I agree, only place in town with decent prices on feeders (only crickets) and I just notice the husbandry sucks on a adult veiled :( May have to start shelling out shipping costs...

Hey does anyone know if mulberry farms shipps to canada:confused:

Copied/pasted from the Mulberry Farms website:

ORDERS OUTSIDE THE USA
(Foreign Orders)
YES, WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!
Mulberry Farms is now offering silkworm chow & eggs (only) for worldwide delivery! There is a minimum product order of $100 (plus shipping) and some website sale pricing may not apply. For more information about pricing and shipping costs to your specific location, please contact us via email at [email protected]. We look forward to serving you!

I buy a lot of my food
Crickets are 10 for $1 or 100 for $8 at local pet store
At my local reptile show I just bought some dubias they were larges which were $6 for 25 or $10 for 50
Then meal worms 20 for $1
Horn worms $1 for 1 or 14 for $10 pre ordered
I think I got them all

You guys should try a local bait shop. I just got 100+ large crickets for 4$.

I find that shippers who deal in crickets for feeders have a better quality, last few bait shop buys ended up with a 40% mortality rate. Since I've ordered them including the ones that died during shipping maybe a 5% mortality rate?

I hope your baitshop has good cricket stock, for your sake :)

I usually watch for sales on Ebay, lindasgonebuggie.com, mulberry, and greatlakes. I'm trying to become self-sufficient with feeders. I'm currently attempting hummingbird moths, but I think that will be a one time deal due to mess and upkeep. I've got a strong dubia colony, around 100 mantis nymphs, supers, and about to try my hand at breeding silks.

I rarely order food unless I feel like spoiling Niro since he's my only cham at the moment. My last order was like 30$ for a cup of silks and hornworms with shipping from mulberry farms.

armstrongcrickets. i paid like 6 bucks for 2nd day shipping on 500 crickets. . they supplied a heat pack and they arrived in the Pacific Northwest in fine shape.

The best deals I've seen as of a couple minutes ago are;

5 cent/ cricket
$1 per hornworm
250 butterworms for about $40
Manthis Ooths for $6
Phoneix worms 100 large about $6

West Coast Roaches has awesome auctions too

Back
Top Bottom