Feeder insects eating enclosure plant leaves

Zevil

Avid Member
So as stated in the title,I have red runner escapees from the cup eating the plant leaves. I actually witness one red runner nymph chewing on a begonia leaf at night. I can't catch it while it's in my heavily planted enclosure. My current solution is to get a small carnivorous plant. What do you guys suggest?

So as stated in the title,I have red runner escapees from the cup eating the plant leaves. I actually witness one red runner nymph chewing on a begonia leaf at night. I can't catch it while it's in my heavily planted enclosure. My current solution is to get a small carnivorous plant. What do you guys suggest?
There's not a lot you can do really. Even with cup feeding, you're going to have escapees. Locusts are a nightmare for it even though they've spent 48 hours gutloading before going in.

maybe you could try putting something like a piece of fruit of something in the enclosure that they may like better than the plants? I don't keep roaches so I don't really know what you have to gut load them with but maybe that will work.

maybe you could try putting something like a piece of fruit of something in the enclosure that they may like better than the plants? I don't keep roaches so I don't really know what you have to gut load them with but maybe that will work.

I could try that. What about getting a pitcher plant to get rid of escapees?

I have a pitcher in my parsonii enclosure that massacres flies, millipedes, and all kinds of insects. Not sure if roaches are drawn to it or not though.

Sundews generally aren't large enough for things like roaches IME. Unless they are very tiny nymphs.

I saw a few medium sized ones in there. And I think I also have a few small cricket escapees. I need to get rid of them before they do too much damage on my plants. My cham can't get them, they are really good in hiding.

The green feeder cup is on the top right, I bought it from Nick here in this forum.

Attachments

• 20190312_091935.jpg
    20190312_091935.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 238
Back
Top Bottom