Feeder insects eating enclosure plant leaves

So as stated in the title,I have red runner escapees from the cup eating the plant leaves. I actually witness one red runner nymph chewing on a begonia leaf at night. I can't catch it while it's in my heavily planted enclosure. My current solution is to get a small carnivorous plant. What do you guys suggest?

SharpShooter

Established Member
So as stated in the title,I have red runner escapees from the cup eating the plant leaves. I actually witness one red runner nymph chewing on a begonia leaf at night. I can't catch it while it's in my heavily planted enclosure. My current solution is to get a small carnivorous plant. What do you guys suggest?
There's not a lot you can do really. Even with cup feeding, you're going to have escapees. Locusts are a nightmare for it even though they've spent 48 hours gutloading before going in.

maybe you could try putting something like a piece of fruit of something in the enclosure that they may like better than the plants? I don't keep roaches so I don't really know what you have to gut load them with but maybe that will work.

maybe you could try putting something like a piece of fruit of something in the enclosure that they may like better than the plants? I don't keep roaches so I don't really know what you have to gut load them with but maybe that will work.
I could try that. What about getting a pitcher plant to get rid of escapees?

Sundews generally aren't large enough for things like roaches IME. Unless they are very tiny nymphs.
I saw a few medium sized ones in there. And I think I also have a few small cricket escapees. I need to get rid of them before they do too much damage on my plants. My cham can't get them, they are really good in hiding.

Top Bottom