Feeder dishes

cd1236

Curious if anyone has tried either of these feeder dishes? I have tried both the Full Throttle type as well as the shooting gallery and didn't have a ton of success with either.

1636082589782.png

1636082713807.png

The top one looks a bit similar to a Full Throttle feeder. The bottom one I’d be afraid of feeder escapes. How did the Full Throttle and Shooting Gallery not work out for you?

Crickets just sat in the bottom of the shooting gallery, didn't move and didn't get eaten. In the Full Throttle type feeder, they mostly just jumped off and into the cage never to be found again.

Perhaps I am having more of an issue with crickets than I am with the feeder systems. My cham only seems to want to eat grasshoppers.

Crickets just sat in the bottom of the shooting gallery, didn't move and didn't get eaten. In the Full Throttle type feeder, they mostly just jumped off and into the cage never to be found again.
Likewise—even when I cut down to putting only 3 in the FT type at a time.

Perhaps I am having more of an issue with crickets than I am with the feeder systems. My cham only seems to want to eat grasshoppers.
Mine has gone through phases. At first he wouldn't touch dubias; lately, I haven't bought any crix in a while because he's eating the dubias. Worms, OTOH are good any time, any place! 😋

I've got about 20 silkworms that she won't eat. I've had two in the cage all day and she completely ignores them. She actually walked over one of them several times. On the bright side, she did eat a roach today, which was the first time in a couple of weeks (This is a good thing since I have a bin full of about 100 orangeheads and dubias). Other than that, it's all about grasshoppers.

I prefer banded. They smell way less and in my experience crawl/move around more so they're more attractive to eat.

Back
Top Bottom