Feacal results ?

luckyy15

I got jonjo's faecal test results today and was just wondering if any one has had a similar experience. The vets rung me with the result and said they found a few pinworm eggs but not enough that he needs treatment but to have another faecal done in 2 months? Is this good or bad news ? Does this mean it could get worse in a couple of months or good news that it's not severe where he needs treatment. Is it common for them to have pinworm eggs but not always cause a large concern if found in
Small numbers ? Should I be cautious or worried ? As not sure if he should really be treated even though only a small number of eggs where found. He dosent seem unwell he is alert active and drinking well in front of me. My only concerns was him being fussy only eating supers and hunger striking a month or so back as i stopped feeding the supers but I've seen him eating crickets recently and his appetite seems to be improving. As well as his skin not looking as bright and a bit dull white especially on
Top of his head I think this is where he is due and shed as it was about 4 months since the last one

i would suggest your vet give him a small dose prescription to kill the eggs. that sounds imho that it is a irresponsible of a vet not treating what could spread hatch and develop more

yeah i would definitely treat them for the worms its easy to do and my vet said it wasnt very harsh on the animal. one of mine had the eggs so she gave me enough to treat all of my animals so i could be sure they wouldnt be passed around

ive sent a email to the vets as i am concerned and asked for more of a explanation so ill wait to see what they say.

I'm In the uk a place called dartford in Kent. Is there anything I can treat him to get rid of the eggs or do I defiantly need a prescription from the vet ?

Ahh thank you for the offer everyone is so helpful on here. Would that work to kill the eggs I've heard of that before you can get that over here too

I've ordered some reptaid luckily there is a website that sells it in the uk so should be here beginning of next week. Should I disinfect the cage how about his vines branches umbrella plant etc ? Thank you so much for his help

Back
Top Bottom