Favorite Panther Poll

herpluv

Which of the Panther chameleons is your favorite and for what reasons. I have looked at hundreds of pictures and I have narrowed mine down to Ambilobe and Nosy Be Panthers. In your "vote" leave a little info on why you like one(price, availability, aggression, ability to sell if you breed them, longevity, etc...) over the other. So what will it be:

AMBILOBE OR NOSY BE

Thanks for your participation:eek:

Are Nosy and Ambilobe the only choices? LOL

My personal fav are the Sambava's, but if I had to choose between the two you listed, it would be a Nosy hands down. I won't even go into the reasons for the questions you asked, it's all speculation anyway. My choice it based on sheer beauty, nothing more :D Just my 2 cents!

I like them both, but my next Cham is gonna be a Nosy Be! But thats not gonna be for awhile, so ya Im going with the Nosy Be because I love the looks aswell!

Nosy Be :confused: Ambilobe :confused: Sambava :confused: Mafana :confused: Ambanja :confused: Ankaramy :confused: Tamatave :confused: Diego Suarez :confused: Maroansetra :confused: Andapa :confused:

Oh my... I'm SO confused! I love them all!!!!! :p

Even though I have a Nosy Be I prefer the ambilobes...because of the tremendous variety of colors the come in. I would love to have a red barred one, or any red panther for that matter, like a maroansetra or a Tamatave.

I got my Nosy be because its the only panther available here. They sometimes have Ambanjas but thats very rarely. If only someone shipped to Canada. My kingdom for an ambilobe...:rolleyes:

Hey Jonathon,
Have you contacted Connie Dorval from Arboreal Exotics? I know she's a breeder in Canada and she definately does both Nosy's and Ambanjas. As far as anything else I'm not sure. One of my Nosy's is from her. I was very pleased with her service, and I've never had any health issues with that animal. I'd highly recommend her.

As far as my favorite....hmm. It is pretty tough. I think my favorite specific chameleon is Jokton. I've seen a couple top notch Sambava's in my day, but this guy just makes me shiver every time I look at him. His colors are even neon at rest. But then again, I'm probably just hugely biased because he's mine.

As far as favorite locale goes, its between Nosy Mitsio and Ambilobe. The mitsio's greens are always out of this world, but once you see one go solid fluorescent yellow with those bright red eyes and lips you'll never forget it. They're truly amazing. And Ambilobes are so great because they come in all kinds of great colors. You even have different morphs within the locale. Basically whatever your favorite color is, you can pretty much get an ambilobe that matches your preference. And besides, from a breeders standpoint, nobody wants any other kind of panther out there like they want ambilobes. As far as selling them, they pretty much fly out once they're ready. Thats the sadest part, because you have to watch all your little guys go to new homes after you've poured your heart and soul into them.

Anyway, there is my opinion....

2by2 said:
Hey Jonathon,
Have you contacted Connie Dorval from Arboreal Exotics? I know she's a breeder in Canada and she definately does both Nosy's and Ambanjas. As far as anything else I'm not sure. One of my Nosy's is from her. I was very pleased with her service, and I've never had any health issues with that animal. I'd highly recommend her.

As far as my favorite....hmm. It is pretty tough. I think my favorite specific chameleon is Jokton. I've seen a couple top notch Sambava's in my day, but this guy just makes me shiver every time I look at him. His colors are even neon at rest. But then again, I'm probably just hugely biased because he's mine.

As far as favorite locale goes, its between Nosy Mitsio and Ambilobe. The mitsio's greens are always out of this world, but once you see one go solid fluorescent yellow with those bright red eyes and lips you'll never forget it. They're truly amazing. And Ambilobes are so great because they come in all kinds of great colors. You even have different morphs within the locale. Basically whatever your favorite color is, you can pretty much get an ambilobe that matches your preference. And besides, from a breeders standpoint, nobody wants any other kind of panther out there like they want ambilobes. As far as selling them, they pretty much fly out once they're ready. Thats the sadest part, because you have to watch all your little guys go to new homes after you've poured your heart and soul into them.

Anyway, there is my opinion....

Thanks for the info. Do they have a website? I cant find anything on them at all...

She does not have a website. Well at least she didn't when I bought from her. She does a couple of the bigger shows in the states and it seems like every time I see her, she's practically sold out of everything she's got. Let me see if I can go dig up some old emails and get you her address.

[email protected]

this was her email address as of 2 years ago. Thats the last corraspondance I've had with her.... I hope it still works because I think you'd really like what she has to offer.

You like Ambilobe panthers? Check out the one I just got two days ago.... Wicked isn't even a good enough word for him... he's incredible. Meet Sir Lancelot Du Lac, Ambilobe Prism Chameleon Breeder :)

Lancelot2.jpg

Lancelot1.jpg

This guy has this color all the time... incredible :)

Jenna: love the pics! :eek:

herpluv: Having a look at the parents might help.

What is my favorite panther? I can never make decisions like this. If someone forced me to make a choice it would probably be Ambilobe because the variety of colors. However, the margin is very thin.

Yes, he is a wild caught that I received on Wednesday. I also got some gorgeous Ambanja in as well, but have't had time to take some good pictures and upload them yet on my site. They will be posted soon. I have a lot of chameleons and Lancelot is truly one of the most beautiful I think I have ever seen. Gentle too!

I am glad you enjoyed the pictures :)

Last edited:
Lancelot is magnificent Jenna:eek:
My favourite locale are easily the Ankaramys though. Of the two choices given Nosy Be or Ambilobe, Nosy Be gets my vote.

Some amazing panthers out there i love your guy jenna!!looking grand he is:)
Fave for me has got to be mafana,or ambilobe or nosy be...nope sambava!lol they all are great and i find it depends on my mood!!
Sexymafanas.jpg

Hmmm, that's a tough one... I really like both. But I also love the Ambanjas... I think you should get both. :D
I think it all depends on the colors you like at the moment... I love the blue look of the nosy be's but I also love the colorful look of the ambilobes. I'm more interested in their colors, personally... breeding is not in the picture at this time, so my choice was purely for asthetic reasons. Good Luck!!

Back
Top Bottom