Favorite movie(s)?

A lot of favorite song threads, but I haven't seen any about movies. Personally my favorite is The Labyrinth.

You mean the one starring David Bowie? I can't find any other labyrinth films........
Lots of good films mentioned already (Trace, yours is my favourite list so far - way to include Koyaanisqatsi :))
Officially my favourite ever film is Evil dead 3 - Army of Darkness. Every line is funny to me and my closest friends.
True Romance is a good film, for any Tarantino fans who might have missed a film that has so many awesome actors in it......
A childhood favourite is Aliens.

You mean the one starring David Bowie? I can't find any other labyrinth films........
Lots of good films mentioned already (Trace, yours is my favourite list so far - way to include Koyaanisqatsi :))
Officially my favourite ever film is Evil dead 3 - Army of Darkness. Every line is funny to me and my closest friends.
True Romance is a good film, for any Tarantino fans who might have missed a film that has so many awesome actors in it......
A childhood favourite is Aliens.

Definately the one with David Bowie!

Definately the one with David Bowie!

Oh good :). I don't mean to be picky, but it's just called Labyrinth (no 'The')
A fine film, though I prefer his tunes to his acting :D
Used to watch it at school when we should have been out playing but it was raining. We watch lots of films at school in England..............

Labyrinth.

Silence of the Lambs

Donnie Darko

Scarface is epic!!!

oh and Jurasic Park

- A Princess Bride.
I love Pan's Labyrinth .

Dr. Strangelove or : How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

2001: A Space Odyssey

requim for a dream

forest gump.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Actually all Monty Python movies and shows.
Star Wars. All 6 movies but the original 3 were the absolute best.
This is Spinal Tap. It goes to eleven.
Ben Hur/10 Commandments/Planet of the Apes/Midway/Soylent Green. Anything over-the-top Charlton Heston really.
Pulp Fiction

Evil dead 3 - Army of Darkness.

All of the above are Solid Snake approved films.

John Carpenter flicks are GREAT! I think you would like/appreciate alot/most of them Karma. ;)

The Thing, The Fog, Escape From Newyork, Assault on Precinct 13, Prince of Darkness, They Live, and Big Trouble in Little China are his best.

A Streetcar Named Desire is probably my favorite movie, all around.

A few good animes:
Akira.
Ghost in the Shell.
Patlabor.

Cant think of much else at the moment:eek:

Oh, Memento is good.

A fine film, though I prefer his tunes to his acting :D
Right! I mean, he didnt even do his own contact juggling ;/

Trace LOVES the LOTR movies, and highly recommends them, constantly. She just doesnt want to come across as the nerdy type I think...

Thanks everyone, Im going to check out some of the movies mentioned that I have not heard of.

If you like johnny depp, heath ledger, collin farrell, or jude law definately check out the imaginarium of Dr. Parnauses.

Trace LOVES the LOTR movies, and highly recommends them, constantly. She just doesnt want to come across as the nerdy type I think...

Ah yes, conspicuous by their absence are they?

I bought my first set of multi-sided dice so there is no turning back from nerd now but as of this writing I have not seen any of the LOTR movies. Here’s some trivia for you; the last LOTR film tied the record for most Academy Awards won for a single movie. The other winner you ask? Ben-Hur!

Ben-Hur.jpg

For modern films I have got to say The Avengers, Iron Man 1 and Iron Man 2 are great films.

As for older films I'm a fan of History of the World Part 1, Lady in the Water (was entertaining) and Pans Labyrinth. I really wish they would make a sequel to History of the World Part one of Mel Brooks best.

For movies that are under production I'm a huge fan of Robotech the live action movie and I'm actually looking forward to The Last Airbender series and possibly Justice League the movie.

Last edited:
My favourite film has to be Step Brothers! Absolutely hilarious and totally my sense of humour! (My mind is always in the gutter! :p) I also love 'Elf' at Christmas! :D

All pretty good so far. I have to add

Drop dead Fred
Beetlejuice
Resident evil (all of them)
Fear and loathing in Las Vegas
Bubba ho tep (for funsies)

Sure there's more but I forget :)

Fear and loathing is great if you like that check out the first one from the 80's it's called where the buffalo roam and bill murray plays hunter s thompson.

Fear and loathing is great if you like that check out the first one from the 80's it's called where the buffalo roam and bill murray plays hunter s thompson.

Oooh thanks for that! Will have to give it a watch, love bill Murray!

Forgot to say little shop of horrors! How dare I? ;)

Im right with you on that revolver is awesome with jason stathom andre three stacks and ray liota yes guy richie is great good call.

Hmmm.... I dont watch movies much at all anymore, or even tv for that matter..
But to name a few....
Pulp fiction(Well pretty much anything Quentin Tarantino)
Boondock saints
Super troopers
Anchorman
oldschool Clint Eastwoods
Ironmans 1-2
The Saw series was pretty good to start

Cannonball Run? Smokey and the Bandit I and II?? Come on, people! How can we leave these out?!? The Last Dragon? Back to the Future? Teen Wolf? I think we've missed a whole generation. Eh, perhaps I'm just older than most of you kids... ;):D

Cannonball Run? Smokey and the Bandit I and II?? Come on, people! How can we leave these out?!? The Last Dragon? Back to the Future? Teen Wolf? I think we've missed a whole generation. Eh, perhaps I'm just older than most of you kids... ;):D

Ha those are all awesome movies I haven't even thought about in years! The sad thing is that I don't a single one of those and they were all favorites when I was a kid.

I remember seeing the back to the future movies in the theater and it was a great event every time a new one came out...

Back
Top Bottom