Votes: 362 34.1%
  • Pothos

Votes: 201 18.9%
  • Dracaena

Votes: 33 3.1%
  • Hibiscus

Votes: 158 14.9%

• Total voters
I've only gone with the Umcbrella Tree. The branches are nicely spaced and perfect for my chams. The ficus seems to thick and bushy for my taste...

Haven't tried anything else tho

I've only gone with the Umcbrella Tree. The branches are nicely spaced and perfect for my chams. The ficus seems to thick and bushy for my taste...

Haven't tried anything else tho

I'll agree on the umbrella tree too!
They are awesome looking too :D

my cham spends most of her time in the weeping fig i bought and she has a bite from time to time, i also have a umbrella plant

"ivy"

Is Swedish Ivy the only Ivy that is safe?

"Swedish Ivy" is _Plectranthus australis_ and is in the same family as mint and coleus. Several species are used as a ornamental houseplants. One type is called Cuban Oregano and is used as an herb.

Lots of vining or trailing plants are called "ivies"; in some places pothos (_Epipremium aureum_) is called devil's ivy. Its safe, of course.

Ivy usually refers to English Ivy: _Hedera helix_ and is in the same family as Aralias, and incidentally, so is the dwarf schefflera. Lots of poisonous members in this family. Hedera species probably should not be in or near animal habitats.

The best genus, Asparagus, is missing...

I wish we could get Asparagus falcatus around here (or at least around me if it is in the US), though I don't think it's available due to being a pest where it has been introduced. I use sprengeri sometimes but most available species seem too fragile for even the larger small species.

We've been using schefflerra with no problems until we started a misting system. Now all it does is lose leaves! I'm thinking it's because when we hand misted the cages they were getting watered but now with the mist system, the base of the plant never gets water. Does that seem to make sense to anyone?

i've been using the jasmine trees (which is different from the jasmine plant) for 2 years now. when trimmed there is no milky white sap, and in my 2-4 foot trees there is no fruit. the only tree i get the berries on is my 6 foot tall 6 year old tree. the berries are like a hard nut, not like a black berry.
i have been using the jasmines with my jackson chameleons (i have 6 now)
i have 2 veileds that do not eat plants, nothing i have given them. i have never seen them eat pothos, ficus, hibiscus, etc. i don't know why?
here is a picture of a few of my enclosures, btw is that pressure treated wood your using for your enclosures "snail tail"?
4enclosures.jpg
where do you buy jasmine????:eek:

hey i just got my panther chameleon the only thing wrog so far is i got him the slimline 25 and after reading its a very bad bulb im getting a reptiglo 5.0 i was wondering if thats better and if anyone has any idea of what his mature colors will be his at rest color is my avatar hes supposed to be a blue bar ambilobe either way hes fantastic just curious :)

Schefflera are awesome. However, anything less than a 2-3 foot plant is completly useless to me. They just don't do that well as opposed to the already well established plants.

However, I can never find schefflera plants that have a good start on them. Only 10-12 inch single stems. There is one oin the office here that I really want to steal though... well see if I do.

LOL... I told that to my boss, about a schefflera in the lobby, next morning I didn't see the plant. Later on that week I seen it in his office behind his desk....

ok so what if my veiled chameloen ate a hedera ivy or glacier hedera ivy? will it need to go to the vet.. i just thought it was safe because of a pic i seen with the same plant in the enclosure.

I like pothos simply because you can put the vines where you want them. I haven't brought in the schefflera yet. The side of my yard is full of schleffera plants, 8+ feet tall.

i use sheffelra,pothos and also jasmine,i agree jasmine spells wonderful ! if trimmed it will flower alot..my cham only craps on it:p but it smells heavenly:D (not the crap,the flowering plant lol)

is any climber plants safe as iv looked at all plant list what are safe and cant c any thought a few wood of been ??

Back
Top Bottom