Favorite horned chameleon?

I LOVE my Jackson's and also my Quad. I do think the Jackson's is a bit more handleable but both are pretty lad back. I will probably start breeding quads once my male is up to maturity.

I had 1 quad male (steve) for around 6 years who used to live on the bay window in my living room . he would sit on the top of the couch , the laptop computer and either me or my wife . he would come over especially when I had the birds in the room .

I have to say quadricornis.

But, I do have to admit that the johnstoni are a close second:D

Attachments

• Nero1.jpg
    Nero1.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 122
Ok current results are:

quads 9 (1 waffler) Kiwiflage
Jackson 4 (1 waffler) Kiwiflage
Deremensis 3
werneri 2
johnstonii 2
willigensis1

I and counting the 1 waffler -- Kiwiflage in 2 places, can't make a decision!! But since we will add the waffler with us at some point:D we can claim ownership.

Laurie,
Now how did I know you were going to mention that?! Lol
How is your project going?
I would love to be a part of it down the road!

Ok current results are:

quads 9 (1 waffler) Kiwiflage
Jackson 4 (1 waffler) Kiwiflage
Deremensis 3
werneri 2
johnstonii 2
willigensis1

I and counting the 1 waffler -- Kiwiflage in 2 places, can't make a decision!! But since we will add the waffler with us at some point:D we can claim ownership.

willigensis is what we overher call the really colorful jacksonii jacksonii so you could count 1+ to jacksonii :p

I guess I'm weird, I like Fischer's chameleons. They have a single horn and I really dig the look.

Just because I’m a nerd, the ‘horns’ on a Fischer’s Chameleon are considered a false horns. It’s a bone based protuberance covered in scales as opposed to the true horned species that have the bone based, ringed horn covered by only one scale. Still pretty cool though!

The Fischers have two horns.

DSC_000920090718_zps8f62ae71.jpg

The results are just too close. I'm thinking that we should end it and call Johnstoni the winner.

I'd have to say werneri. Horns and flaps just can't be beat.

Carl

Trioceros deremensis have got flaps and horns too. They are both great species even though I prefer Trioceros deremensis. Just off the top of my head there is 5 more species from the genus Trioceros that have got flaps and horns other than just Trioceros werneri. 1) Trioceros deremensis, 2) Trioceros melleri (even though it is not a true horn, 3) Trioceros tempeli (even though they are not much of horns), 4) Trioceros feulleborni, and 5) Trioceros oweni with possibly more. One of the anatomical features that makes that genus great!

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Just because I’m a nerd, the ‘horns’ on a Fischer’s Chameleon are considered a false horns. It’s a bone based protuberance covered in scales as opposed to the true horned species that have the bone based, ringed horn covered by only one scale. Still pretty cool though!

The Fischers have two horns.

lol, so a compound screw-up. I never realized they had two!

Back
Top Bottom