Favorite Breeder to buy Cham-Please Recommend

I personally have experience with Chameleons 101. They have amazing customer service, excellent chams, and great prices! (Panthers are sold here)
@Matt Vanilla Gorilla is an amazing breeder too, is really nice and patient, and has great quality chameleons!
I don't have experience with these people, but I recommend:
Chameleons Only (Kammerflage Kreations)
FlChams
There is some more breeders, but I can't put my tongue on it. Good Luck!
Thanks so much!

Thanks so much!
Your welcome! So you are looking for a Veiled? If you consider a Panther, they are great, if you do a Veiled, FlChams breed high quality panthers and Veiled's. Although if you like Panthers, I toatlly recommend Chameleons 101, but you have to call for accurate availability.

Your welcome! So you are looking for a Veiled? If you consider a Panther, they are great, if you do a Veiled, FlChams breed high quality panthers and Veiled's. Although if you like Panthers, I toatlly recommend Chameleons 101, but you have to call for accurate availability.
I never had a Panther but reading about them, they seem similar husbandry to Veileds. I am not sure when I can afford to buy one as we just spent a lot on vet bills for the one I lost. I do hope to have another chameleon soon, I miss Sven, my veiled so much. Seeing his empty cage breaks my heart again and again. I want a male for sure and as long as he is healthy and it clicks that he’s the one, I’ll be so happy.

I never had a Panther but reading about them, they seem similar husbandry to Veileds. I am not sure when I can afford to buy one as we just spent a lot on vet bills for the one I lost. I do hope to have another chameleon soon, I miss Sven, my veiled so much. Seeing his empty cage breaks my heart again and again. I want a male for sure and as long as he is healthy and it clicks that he’s the one, I’ll be so happy.
One difference is that Panthers require more humidity. I'm so sorry for your loss. If finances is an issue right now, I would get a nice Veiled, or wait.

@bishop Welcome our Handsome baby boy . Well he’s not really a baby . He is our youngest . He’s sooooo sweet, and friendly . A true pleasure ! View attachment 194680 View attachment 194678 Frances is from petsmart . She is absolutely beautiful this is Frances . I will tell you her care has not been easy . She will be 2 in the spring . She’s a bit Grumpy but we love her just the same . We are so very happy that we took her . I know lots do not agree and that they will fill the tank as fast as she was sold . We don’t care . We won’t ever get another from petsmart/Petco but this little girl has had excellent care between this site and an amazing vet .
Beautiful chameleons!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Both have beautiful patterns and colors. I still wouldn't mind a male veiled myself lol.

Both have beautiful patterns and colors. I still wouldn't mind a male veiled myself lol.
Do it there so amazing !. What I will say is get from someone you trust . Talk with @jannb she is amazing and can help you find one healthy . I love love the little girl veiled . Our little girl is so very fresh and bossy .

My very short list is currently a female for blue, male jackson, male verrucosus and if @frankpayne32 has a carpet with signs of purple in his next available clutch I may look into that for @Krissy83 so she has a cham with some purple lol. But, not my thread so I apologize @YellowQueenHoney for going off topic :(.

I work at Pet smart and would whole heartedly advise against getting one from a store if you have any choice at all. At least in regards to a chain or corporation. There is however a "small" mom and pop store around in the general area who I can say actually take care of the animals they take in and breed. Search smaller local stores instead of chains like pet smart or Petco.

I need to wait. I had issues with keeping humidity up so maybe a Veiled would be better, eventually...

Out of curiosity, what was your setup like for the veiled? My house has an average rh typically around 48/ 50% depending on what temp I have the ac set for. I've seen it go as low as 40% though. I live in gulf coast central Fl though about a mile off the gulf and still have most of the old bi-fold style windows except for 4 of them that have been replaced and three of those are still older and leaky though :rolleyes:.

Anyways, with my plants, 3/4 of his enclosure sides covered with plastic table cloth and the current mist schedule I'm able to keep a rh of around 60/ 65% in there. Once my cross connectors get here I'll be having to adjust again for my mist redesign I'm sure though. So maybe there's something we can all collectively come up with to help you on that front for your next cham :).

Kammerflage Kreations. Top notch Panthers. Been in business for over 30 yrs. One of the "original" Panther breeders. Wonderful people. I have gotten 2 Panthers from them.

Back
Top Bottom