fat boy.

bowtec

I am afraid I am making my quad fat.is that possible?he eats a lot and has shed twice in 2 months.is it possible to over feed?
FullSizeRender (7).jpg

I agree with jpowell86. he is a stunning looking cham! My Tamatave is 9 months and eats like there is no tomorrow...he is a chunk of a cham!

Once he stops his rapid growth as an adult you can trim back the amount of food he gets. He may stop eating as much by then on his own.

he gets a good selection of foods.at what point will he be an adult?he should be 1 yr now.just got some horn worms from the reptile show in md.1 month supply,still have roaches.

Hey bowtec,
Your Quad is popping some nice colors, he is in a growth spurt, I'd let him eat all he wants for now. Your doing it right he look great! Keep the pics coming, I love Quads, very primitive looking. Congratulations on the hand feeding, giant step. I own a Harley Davidson Fatboy / their all good haha
Dave

And I thought my chameleon was fat lol ,awesome

Attachments

• IMAG0483.jpg
    IMAG0483.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 129
He looks great, bowtec.

He doesn't look fat to me, but I'm someone who keeps her quads a bit on the fat side (and it is killing me to cut down the food for the wild caughts). Look along the spine, particularly at the base of the tail. That's also where you look for dehydration, so make sure you are not mistaking the two completely different things.

Adult quads seem to have a soft, pouchy belly plus lots of loose soft skin on their back legs so they might look softer and fatter if you aren't used to looking at adults. The babies aren't like that, so he might just be maturing. Did you ask Tylene?

he is growing fast.i suppose he will slow down eating when he is ready to.I am with you,i will hate to cut back it is my favorite part of the day.

Back
Top Bottom