Fast little thing

Vert340

Established Member
Usually when I feed my chameleon a hornworm I put it in a dish and he eats it or he eats it directly off of my hand. About 2 days I dropped on of the hornworms in the plant of the enclosure while trying to feed my Chameleon. About an hour ago I while i was misting i noticed the hormworm climbing up the plant. He was about to enter the "eating zone" so i decided to watch what would happen. The hornworm was a bit bigger than the ones I usually give him. I honestly expected him to leave it alone since he pretty much only goes after small feeders. What I saw next surprised me.

He shot his tongie at the head of the hornworm, but was only able to yank about a 3rd of the hornworms body off. He let go of the worm and then tried again by shooting the other end of the hornworm amd loosed it even more up. This hornworm really had a strong grip lol. So next Yaki moved to the same branch as the hornworm. He watched it for a while to see if the hornworm wiggled around in the air and once it did he shot his tongue towards the hornworm which made him pretty loose again and yaki rushed towards it super faster and just started eating the hornworm. I had never seen him run that fast. It was very cool to see haha since I thought that he would just give up on the hornworm.

Back
Top Bottom