Fan for ventilation in bioactive exo terra?

BenjiTheCham

Established Member
I heard about people using a computer fan to ventilate the tank, I was wondering if this is necessary with a bioactive exo terra.

If so, how would I set that up, it should be pretty cheap, right? Would I have it running all the time?

I hope I’m not posting too much, I’m just getting nervous because I’m getting my first cham in a few weeks, and I’m still hearing things I’ve never heard about before..

So they are the small pc fans like this... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009OWVUJ0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You have them so that they are pulling air up and out of the cage not blowing in. I only run mine during the day... But I do not have all solid walls. I suppose it would depend on your humidity and heat levels. :)
Yeah I’m setting up the rest of my enclosure tomorrow, I’ll be watching the humidity and heat closely so that I can figure out my misting schedule among other things, I guess this is another thing to consider.

I have an ultra-quiet thermostatically controlled muffin fan on my beardie enclosure. It turns on when the temp hits 90°F and off at 88°F. I haven't had to be concerned about it since installing it 7 months ago. I got the setup from Coolerguys. I called them on the phone, explained what I wanted to do, and they helped me with all the parts, instructions, etc. If I ever need to do it again, I'd have no reservations about calling them again.

You pull air out of the enclosure from the top like Beman suggests because exo terra’s have an air intake below the front doors. Your lighting already creates this phenomenon via the “chimney effect”. With well placed lighting you should never need to use a fan. Just make sure your vent in the front is unobstructed either way.

You pull air out of the enclosure from the top like Beman suggests because exo terra’s have an air intake below the front doors. Your lighting already creates this phenomenon via the “chimney effect”. With well placed lighting you should never need to use a fan. Just make sure your vent in the front is unobstructed either way.
Definitely, when I get home from work I'm going to flip it. I appreciate the input. :)

Back
Top Bottom