Faly owners opinions please.

This is interesting. On that same site I posted a link to before there is a photo documentary of the panthers while driving from Ambanja to Nosy Faly. The color variations seem to land right with the guy in this thread. I'd like to take a trip there and check it out for myself. HERE'S THE LINK

Humm. Did anyone read the description of a Nosy faly and the color a Nosy faly should be on this web site? From what I read they are mostly blue with red dots and there is nothing said about white or high white back ground colors :confused:..... That makes you think because this study was done on only wc from different areas and lots of pictures were takin at each area to document the color variation of each set locale and how it is supost to look.......

Man this thread had shown me some variation in falys good info.

Like this guy look at his body color look at all that yellowish tinting and not just on his legs .
532958_371952799503674_100000668712838_1196827_1133647024_n.jpg

And then I thought this one to be interesting to a Nosy faly with read rain mainly on the bottom half of his body and then the yellowish tinting and green bars with a very light blue background......
nosyfaly2.jpg

Those are some nice wc.....

Last edited:
I think the main point that needs to be taken from this is that you cant judge a locale by color alone. I deliberately mentioned Faly in the title to lead you all down that path. If I had said Ambanja owners, perhaps it would have been an Ambanja Be mix???

At first glance, this appears to be a classic Faly with a pale blue background, blue bars and red rain. Not all Faly show white backgrounds, this seems to be a designer trait as opposed to what most natural Faly look like. This is obviously a cross, definitely with Faly bloodlines in there somewhere, possibly with Ambanja but IMO more likely a Faly Be mix.

I think I have made my point now, so, lets all not fight about what locales people have. I think its time to just relax a bit and appreciate each others locales, regardless of wether or not they look like Faly, Ambanja, Nosy be etc. If someone posts pics of their Faly and asks for a debate, then by all means lets have a debate. If they post pics and ask for your opinion, give your opinion. If they simply post pics, give them your compliments, keep your thoughts to yourself and dont try to ruin their thread, after all, were all here because we love chameleons, so lets just love them! :D:D

Thank you very much for wording it the way you did. It is just an opinion for many and should be taken as that. However some giving their opinion dont really know much about the locale. Talk to the select few that have been breeding the locale since they came to North America via PM. Thus will avoid the few trolls that insist on ruining it for the rest of the community.

Many have very vaild points and can compare to lines they have produced, and seen from experience. However they refuse to do it publicly.

I think the main point that needs to be taken from this is that you cant judge a locale by color alone. I deliberately mentioned Faly in the title to lead you all down that path. If I had said Ambanja owners, perhaps it would have been an Ambanja Be mix???

At first glance, this appears to be a classic Faly with a pale blue background, blue bars and red rain. Not all Faly show white backgrounds, this seems to be a designer trait as opposed to what most natural Faly look like. This is obviously a cross, definitely with Faly bloodlines in there somewhere, possibly with Ambanja but IMO more likely a Faly Be mix.

I think I have made my point now, so, lets all not fight about what locales people have. I think its time to just relax a bit and appreciate each others locales, regardless of wether or not they look like Faly, Ambanja, Nosy be etc. If someone posts pics of their Faly and asks for a debate, then by all means lets have a debate. If they post pics and ask for your opinion, give your opinion. If they simply post pics, give them your compliments, keep your thoughts to yourself and dont try to ruin their thread, after all, were all here because we love chameleons, so lets just love them! :D:D

Right on Benton!

Preach it, Brother Benton! Nicely stated!

Thanks Maxttu, cricketkilla and Chameleon Nation. I thought it was about time a point was made and the haters who come on here to put people down were made to feel unwelcome as IMO they are. Time and time again I see someone post their Chameleons, only to have someone shoot them down. Granted if you have an Ambilobe and say its a Faly then its understandable that people will point it out, but if you have a YOUNG Faly that hasnt fully developed his colours yet, dont go trying to make that person feel disheartened.

Theres tons of people with Faly, but I bet half of them darent show them in case the usual offenders come on and rip them apart when in reality half of them dont know the difference between their nose and their A$$hole anyway!!! lol

Back
Top Bottom