fall from 3rd floor onto concrete

vladimirovich

Hi,

My male veiled Chameleon keeps on wanting to break free from his Vivarium. I therefore let him roam quite a lot. Curiosity got the best of him though, and he ventured onto the window ledge, and slipped.

I heard a thud and knew something was wrong, ran to the living room and noticed Vlad was missing. Looked out of the window, and there he was, lying on the concrete floor of the basement terrace, immobile.

He laid there without moving for maybe 2 minutes, then suddenly turned bright green and ran to a wall and hid in the corner.

I gained access to the basement, found him and he was absolutely fine. So just for the record, these things are tough. I obviously feel bad for him though, and feel culpable for what happened as I need to buy more plants for him to roam in at home.

Thought i'd post here for the record, though.

-Vlad

Yeah vet visit for sure. Survival instinct probably took hold and he ran to avoid further damage. He may have broken bones even if he seems fine.

Update: went for a consultation to the Vet's office, and Vlad is fine. The Vet Dr. manually examined his bones, and since a day had gone by, did not feel the need for an X-Ray. Cham was stressed by the trip, but seems fine and dandy now.

Thanks,

Vlad

Update: went for a consultation to the Vet's office, and Vlad is fine. The Vet Dr. manually examined his bones, and since a day had gone by, did not feel the need for an X-Ray. Cham was stressed by the trip, but seems fine and dandy now.

Thanks,

Vlad

Wow. An amazing testament of the chameleons overall resilience! ...And I thought our cham falling off my shoulder onto the carpet was bad.. (I'm 5'3") LOL

I've read about chameleons & falling - some of them puff up their bodies with air so they bounce, rather than splat. Also, I read about other species that flatten their bodies on the way down so they float, much like a leaf. CHAMELEONS ARE SO COOL!!!

Wow!! I read the title of this post and was fully preparing myself to be reading an obituary. What a relief that he survived, let alone walked away without any major injury

Wow. An amazing testament of the chameleons overall resilience! ...And I thought our cham falling off my shoulder onto the carpet was bad.. (I'm 5'3") LOL

I've read about chameleons & falling - some of them puff up their bodies with air so they bounce, rather than splat. Also, I read about other species that flatten their bodies on the way down so they float, much like a leaf. CHAMELEONS ARE SO COOL!!!

That's interesting, and would definitely explain how he survived such a fall.

Back
Top Bottom