fake flowers on vine, good or bad?

Midnighthwk

i have some vines and was woundering if i should remove the fake flowers on them cuz i dont want my guy trying to eat them. 4 month veiled. still setting up his new cage and need more plants in it but mostly wanted to know about the fake flowers.
i have other fake vines i cant put on where the flowers are but they are in his current cage right now. also have a dead tree i just cutdown and thinking how i want to prune it for best fit but that wont be till i get the rest of the plants and vines in there.
IMG_1204.jpg

my guy is not happy being able to look at the new cage and not get a closer look yet
also i ben taking stuff out of his cage for a few mins to dry fit it then put it back in his cage. he isnt in the cage when i mess with it but he knows its been moved
IMG_1205.jpg

I would watch him for a day or two when he moves into his new digs and make sure he doesn't think those flowers are something to eat. If he does then remove them. My Merlin tries to chew on the styrofoam his tree "arrangement" is stuck into when he wants kale. You should see my hubby and I race to the fridge to grab some. He is a real kale fanatic.

i have some vines and was woundering if i should remove the fake flowers on them cuz i dont want my guy trying to eat them

I think you have solved your own problem. If in doubt, dont! Cheaper to remove the faux flowers than to treat an impacted chameleon. :)

I would watch him for a day or two when he moves into his new digs and make sure he doesn't think those flowers are something to eat. If he does then remove them. My Merlin tries to chew on the styrofoam his tree "arrangement" is stuck into when he wants kale. You should see my hubby and I race to the fridge to grab some. He is a real kale fanatic.

That would be because he has learned that everytime he does that, mom and dad give him treats! haha, he has trained you well!

that guy is 4 months old? hes way bigger than my 4 month old veiled. i got him from flchams - hes supposed to be of a real quality bloodline

Attachments

• IMG_1025.jpg
    IMG_1025.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 138
that guy is 4 months old? hes way bigger than my 4 month old veiled. i got him from flchams - hes supposed to be of a real quality bloodline
my guy is of newtons bloodline from flchams

i added 50' of vines and got rid of the fake flowers. and added a shelf. 10$ for a shelf and waiting for the plants to grow is better than spending 60$ for a plant that tall and needing a place for the ones in there now.
IMG_1237-1.jpg

I've had bad luck with fake plants and chams trying to eat them. I would remove them. The other issue can be that he cham is stressed by the color of them. I've had a cham flip out at a colored flower and try to kill it and eat it...... not a good thing to eat.

i took the fake flowers out.
when putting the fake fines from his old cage i didnt find and sing of him testing to see if he could eat them. but half a ficus was gone.
the only prob i can tell right now is the crickets wont climb the screen like they used to and in the past my guy (Kazuma) refused to eat out of a dish of anykind. but ima try it again. if that doesnt work ima have to fig out a way to make a 3 foot long feeding dish to put along the upper back that doesnt look like a dish.

day temp, 70 at the floor and 85 at the top
humidity 48% at the floor and 65% at the top without misting, 80% when misting

other prob is he doesnt want out of it. but its only been a short time and he probly wants to get used to it before i go messing with it more.
i can already see things i want to change a lil

IMG_1228.jpg

Can i just say that cage is amazing, he is one lucky boy. When my chameleon Mia was caged (free ranged now) she had some fake flowers in her cage, never had any other problems.

Can i just say that cage is amazing, he is one lucky boy. When my chameleon Mia was caged (free ranged now) she had some fake flowers in her cage, never had any other problems.
i played "wheres waldo for 45 mins before giving up. i think the xtra 50 feet of vines was too much :p

i want to "free range" him but i cant right now, got a "FR" cat, seli "FR" res turtles 6x, and a semi "FR" beardie
my cat doesnt like it when i take the turtles to put them back in thier cage, she growls and howls, one time she attacked me. she likes being with them. but she has been with 2 of them for 10 years now and they play together and then the turtles are in the summer pond she "protects" them from hawks and raccoons. one of my kittys lost a fight to a hawk protecting the turtles, :*( RIP Fritter

till i get to know my beardi more i cant leave them alone yet.
Chomper on top, Fritter on bottom
103-0358_IMG.jpg

101-0182_IMG.jpg

my turtles winter home
IMG_0579.jpg

my guy is of newtons bloodline from flchams

i added 50' of vines and got rid of the fake flowers. and added a shelf. 10$ for a shelf and waiting for the plants to grow is better than spending 60$ for a plant that tall and needing a place for the ones in there now.
IMG_1237-1.jpg

Nice cage!!!!!

yes mine is supposedly of the newton's bloodline also. But hes a lot smaller and doesnt have nearly the coloration... hmmmm... maybe hes just a late bloomer...

Back
Top Bottom