failed shot at outdoor cage !

Jeremy l

well, i tried to build me an out door cage and have successfully failed ! :rolleyes: it isnt as easy as it looked to build an aluminium cage. so i now have a big screen hunk of crap ! oh well it was a shot. i guess ill just count that money gone, and go ahead and order another screen cage for outdoor use !

Last edited:
You can try and build a cheap pvc pipe and netting one like I did. Only cost around $36 bucks.
314view.jpg

Fullcage.jpg

Atleast you know how not to build one.:p
Be optimistic!
Remeber Thomas Edision an the light bulb.....

I like the optimistic advice. Just does not like the guy you choose as an example :)

Thomas Alpha Edison stole lots of other people's inventions, claim them his own, and hired goonies to threaten people and destroy their inventions (destroyed people's lives from Muybridge to Emile Cohl). He scared people away to west coast.
That's how Hollywood become the movie capital.

Last edited:
well, i tried to build me an out door cage and have successfully failed ! :rolleyes: it isnt as easy as it looked to build an aluminium cage. so i now have a big screen hunk of crap ! oh well it was a shot. i guess ill just count that money gone, and go ahead and order another screen cage for outdoor use !

Ha!
I have always found it cheaper to purchase enclosures.
I wind up spending more money on a "cost saving" project, than I would have if I just ordered a cage.

-Brad

I like the optimistic advice. Just does not like the guy you choose as an example :)

Thomas Alpha Edison stole lots of other people's inventions, claim them his own, and hired goonies to threaten people and destroy their inventions (destroyed people's lives from Muybridge to Emile Cohl). He scared people away to west coast.

goonies?

;)

HAHA, hey dont feel bad. my first attempt at a cage was a complete mess as well. it just takes a couple of cages to get used to how to do it. dont give up, it will save you money in the long run if you build your own.

Don't toss the screens. how about if you take a 1X1 and screw the screens to them. That way you have some slop room. Corners are always bummers.

I know what you mean about him stealing ideas, inventions and bad mouthing people.
Nikola Tesla is one of the may people.

We know a thousand ways not to build a light bulb.-Edison

it was not hard to build the framing, the hard part is puting the screen in and
A: having it not tear ( it is aluminium ) and B: havint the frame not bow out of shape. if you look at the 1st pic the framing is straight. the second pic it is all out of wack. oh well ! :rolleyes:

I am willing to bet that you could build a frame or some kinda of mold... or a jig to hold the metal fram in place as you install the screen... i bet that is the secret the pros have.

i did not know this guess thats the public schools for you i knew about the light bulb haha

my grandfather who has been dead thirty years was a mafia captain he use to have his goones beat people up for money too but he never invented anything

Back
Top Bottom