F. Lateralis question

Uri

Avid Member
So I’ve seen a lot of people use repashy plus or plus lod every feeding and I use plus lod every feeding but I was wondering if anyone has had success with Arcadia earth pro a i want to get out of dietary d3 in my feedings but I know this species has problems with vitamin a and from podcasts I’ve heard and stuff precursors aren’t usually enough but earth pro a does have years of research into it I just wanted to know if anyone has experience with this?

Earth pro A does not have Vitamin A at all. It is a calcium without D3 base and then water soluble vitamins and bee pollen.

Earth pro A does not have Vitamin A at all. It is a calcium without D3 base and then water soluble vitamins and bee pollen.
Yes so I’d still have to rotate with a multivitamin like repashy plus but with rich gutloading in fresh veggies to my feeders would the supplementation schedule be the same as a panther assuming my uvi is 3-4 or would it be more/less repashy or should I just stick with repashy lod every feeding until I can get a small group to test supplementation on?

Yes so I’d still have to rotate with a multivitamin like repashy plus but with rich gutloading in fresh veggies to my feeders would the supplementation schedule be the same as a panther assuming my uvi is 3-4 or would it be more/less repashy or should I just stick with repashy lod every feeding until I can get a small group to test supplementation on?
So I am not extremely familiar with the needs of this species. Only that Frank Payne uses LoD at all feedings and if I am remembering correctly he does vitamin A also with preformed gel caps. He is one of the leaders with this species. I do not have the skill set to suggest anything other than what he does. Let me see if I can find his care sheet for reference.

If you listen to the more recent podcast on chameleon academy, Frank no longer uses Vitamin A drops. He says multivitamins today are more refined than it use to be. He also uses Repashy Calcium plus but mixes it with Arcadia Earth Pro A to dilute it.

I´m using the Arcadia Earth Pro A and the RevitaliseD3 for all 5 my species and have used the Repashy Calcium Plus, but got no good experience with it, like lots of other members with the Calcium Plus. When used, within 3 days I found chams closing one eye a lot, always for 5 till 10 secs, but several times a day. At first I thought it was something else, but then I noticed it was always after I used the Calcium Plus and the symptoms stay for 1 a 2 days. Once I figured this out I swapped it for RevitaliseD3 and no problems so far. Not everyone has problems with the Calcium Plus, but lots of problems have been reported that their chameleons react to the CP. If you wanna use Repashy it´s best to use the Calcium LoD.

Lats can be given basically the same supplementation as panthers or veileds. The only difference I have found is that for gravid females, preformed vitamin A supplementation can improve hatchling health and seems to support healthier eggs. But overall most supplements will do fine for them, nothing fancy. I use arcadia but have used other supplementation schedules and most of them work. EarthPro-A is a nice supplement. You can do that most feedings, and then add in revitalizeD3 or some other vitamin A and D3 containing supplement (reptivite is another one) every couple of weeks or so. D3 probably isn't necessary but most vitamin A containing supplements also have D3, so kinda hard to avoid.

It's nice to have options based on observations. I tend to use LOD for every feeding with adults (Panthers) as they get less frequent meals and smaller amounts. For juveniles I used the Arcadia feeding schedule with Earthpro A as the main supplement then LOD at every 6-8th feeding. Just a matter of adjusting to environment and observations.

I have good experience with both my Jackson’s and hoehnelii get repashy lod once a month and aepa every feeding I did twice a month lod for my Jackson’s but he started developing edema so I lowered it but for my carpets I’ve used lod every feeding and they never had eye issues but I do want to get out of dietary d3 as much as possible

I have good experience with both my Jackson’s and hoehnelii get repashy lod once a month and aepa every feeding I did twice a month lod for my Jackson’s but he started developing edema so I lowered it but for my carpets I’ve used lod every feeding and they never had eye issues but I do want to get out of dietary d3 as much as possible
They eye issues I’ve never heard of with the Calcium LoD. The issues are with the Calcium Plus, that’s an other kind of supplement from Repashy and the ne you mentioned in the beginning. Small note, I assumed you meant the Repashy Calcium Plus with Repashy Plus.

This is the one I use

Attachments

• CB282122-0C79-457C-9B76-45925BB0FBF6.png
    CB282122-0C79-457C-9B76-45925BB0FBF6.png
    310.8 KB · Views: 61
I use that every feeding
As far as I know, that should be used once or twice a month, depending on the species, because it´s a multivitamin and calcium (it contains vit-a and D3) and in general only plain calcium is used for every day feeding. And that´s the one reported to can give issues, included myself. I stopped giving this one, because of the eye issues.

But, correct me if I´m wrong.

As far as I know, that should be used once or twice a month, depending on the species, because it´s a multivitamin and calcium (it contains vit-a and D3) and in general only plain calcium is used for every day feeding. And that´s the one reported to can give issues, included myself. I stopped giving this one, because of the eye issues.

I’ve never had an issue with my lats because it’s a lower dosage of vitamin a and d3 and panthers are given the one with leopard gecko every feeding without issue now that doesn’t mean it’s the best but I am going to switch to Arcadia earth pro a every feeding but add in repashy calcium plus lod once a week

I've used it before on my veiled and using it on my Panther every feeding, No issues whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom