Eyes closing?

Like I said, I have a pregnant Jackson’s chameleon. I have two questions. If I saw her hook up with the male May 31st, when will she have the babies? Also, she keeps randomly closing her eyes during the day. If I open the cage or gently knock on the screen, she will open them. I don’t know what this means. She has a pretty small enclosure , and I’m upgrading her soon.

Around February you should expect the neonates roughly off of a approximate 9 month gestation period. Sometimes it’s sooner like 7 or 8 months but maybe longer though in some cases but it all depends. The more you feed the more neonates you possibly be born. And depending on how many times they mated there could be more after she gives birth from this clutch. Females retain sperm for a year as do most reptiles. As far as the closing of the eyes it could be a number of things. Like @timw1 said fill out the how to ask for help.

Any info from the OP? Concerning that the female is in a small cage and I assume the OP is not prepared for babies in the next few months...

Is the male kept with the female or did you purposely pair them up in May? We need a lot more info in order to help with the closed eye issue.

EDIT: looking back at the users posting history I see that they disappear when it seems they are confronted with possible husbandry issues.... Im hoping they prove me wrong but it definitely seems they lack basic chameleon husbandry skills, let alone, the knowledge to breed them....

Any info from the OP? Concerning that the female is in a small cage and I assume the OP is not prepared for babies in the next few months...

Is the male kept with the female or did you purposely pair them up in May? We need a lot more info in order to help with the closed eye issue.

EDIT: looking back at the users posting history I see that they disappear when it seems they are confronted with possible husbandry issues.... Im hoping they prove me wrong but it definitely seems they lack basic chameleon husbandry skills, let alone, the knowledge to breed them....
Sorry, I don’t have lots of time to post. She is only closing a single eye and I saw other threads in the issue and I am trying my hardest to fix it. I believe excess water when misting accidentally got in an eye. About my last post, I have since switched her substrate and taken out the water bowl.

Sorry, I don’t have lots of time to post. She is only closing a single eye and I saw other threads in the issue and I am trying my hardest to fix it. I believe excess water when misting accidentally got in an eye. About my last post, I have since switched her substrate and not

Sorry, I don’t have lots of time to post. She is only closing a single eye and I saw other threads in the issue and I am trying my hardest to fix it. I believe excess water when misting accidentally got in an eye. About my last post, I have since switched her substrate and taken out the water bowl.
I am also filling out the info about her atm and should have it done soon.

Also, I purposely paired them up. They met for a week and I saw them mate. I have an enclosure ready for the babies as well

I’m sorry. I believe her cage is big enough for a 9 inch Cham, and she will be ok for a while

Back
Top Bottom