Eyes closing during the day PLEASE HELP AND TELL ME WHAT TO DO

the brand is fantastik it’s an anti bacteria cleaner
Yeah so here is the issue. If you can not remove a cham from the enclosure then you should not be using cleaning products in the enclosure. Only hot water and a tiny bit of dawn soap. Then risk thoroughly. But their lungs are very fragile.

Per the supplementation you were right prior it should be Calcium without D3 at every feeding then the repashy calcium plus 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th of the month.

Can you please take a picture of the entire enclosure lights down so we can see what the set up is?

Usually eye problems can be caused by vitamin A problems or foreign body in the eye. Has he shed lately? How often are you giving the Calcium Plus? I’m not sure if it has preformed vitamin A in it or not and I believe it should be used only once every other week. I may be wrong on that though... @Beman can tell you better about that than I.
I asked for a side pic as your guy looks to be a bit overweight...his casque looks all puffed up/out. You are feeding him quite a lot. He looks to be an adult so should be getting only 3-4 feeders every other day.

He hasn’t shed yet because when I got him I think he just finished shedding and I started giving him the calcium plus every other day with calcium without d3 every other day as well. He is 6 months old so I give him 8-14 feeders depending on the size maybe I should feed him less. But here’s a picture of him from the side

Attachments

• D01A6A00-BF65-4B78-BAF4-E00D6498BBDD.jpeg
    D01A6A00-BF65-4B78-BAF4-E00D6498BBDD.jpeg
    265.6 KB · Views: 92
Yeah so here is the issue. If you can not remove a cham from the enclosure then you should not be using cleaning products in the enclosure. Only hot water and a tiny bit of dawn soap. Then risk thoroughly. But their lungs are very fragile.

Per the supplementation you were right prior it should be Calcium without D3 at every feeding then the repashy calcium plus 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th of the month.

Can you please take a picture of the entire enclosure lights down so we can see what the set up is?
Ohhh ok thank you for telling me that. But that’s a good schedule with the 1st and 15th I’m gonna try that. And here’s is his enclosure

Attachments

• 2B6F48AB-1593-4362-A99F-5136AB63A2E0.jpeg
    2B6F48AB-1593-4362-A99F-5136AB63A2E0.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
If it is the disinfectant I think it best to keep him well hydrated (like 100% night humidity; 3-4min misting at lights out, midnight, and before lights on; and day dripper) so he can naturally flush it out. If it’s really bad maybe a gentle rain shower for 30min. @Gingero has a great YouTube video on hydration that shows how to water in the shower, or if you’re gonna just hand mist for a while I would turn off the heat lamp during the misting.🥰
Ok thank you so much I’ll keep him well hydrated with humidity

Ok thank you so much I’ll keep him well hydrated with humidity
I would do all 3 for at least a week or so. I imagine having cleaner in my eye and I would want to flush it as often as possible until it stopped hurting. Just try not to spray him/her directly or forcefully cause that may cause further irritation.

Ohhh ok thank you for telling me that. But ok that’s a good schedule with the 1st and 15th I’m gonna try that. And here’s is his enclosure
How long have you had him in this set up? Did you seal the lattice? Typically those are made from Pine and even Cedar. Both would need to be sealed with a water based poly urethane before use. They emit VOC's which can be very bad for them to breathe.

The bamboo rods are going to be hard for him to grip. They become quite slippery when wet.

For a 6 month old he should be on 5-6 feeders every other day. Then at 12 months old you drop back to 3 feeders every other day.

What bulb strength are you using for the T5?

I would do all 3 for at least a week or so. I imagine having cleaner in my eye and I would want to flush it as often as possible until it stopped hurting. Just try not to spray him/her directly or forcefully cause that may cause further irritation.
Ok thank you so much!

How long have you had him in this set up? Did you seal the lattice? Typically those are made from Pine and even Cedar. Both would need to be sealed with a water based poly urethane before use. They emit VOC's which can be very bad for them to breathe.

The bamboo rods are going to be hard for him to grip. They become quite slippery when wet.

For a 6 month old he should be on 5-6 feeders every other day. Then at 12 months old you drop back to 3 feeders every other day.

What bulb strength are you using for the T5?
Oh really? I’ve had him in that set up since I get him so almost a month. I haven’t sealed it and I don’t know where to get other sticks from besides bamboo that are clean and won’t have bugs or stuff on it. So what should I use instead??? How should I go about sealing it because I don’t have anywhere to put him while I do cause I’ll have to take out everything for him to climb on and just leave his plants in there for probably a few days and the t5 is the .5 one

Oh really? I’ve had him in that set up since I get him so almost a month. I haven’t sealed it and I don’t know where to get other sticks from besides bamboo that are clean and won’t have bugs or stuff on it. So what should I use instead??? How should I go about sealing it because I don’t have anywhere to put him while I do cause I’ll have to take out everything for him to climb on and just leave his plants in there for probably a few days and the t5 is the .5 one
You could replace it with the plastic kind... That would be the easiest because sealing them requires a ventilated area and they have to gas off for about a week. Or buy dragon ledges.

Just go get branches outside hun. As long as they are not pine or cedar... no trees that produce sap they are fine to use. Wash them off with a little dawn soap and hot water rinse really well and let them dry out.

You could replace it with the plastic kind... That would be the easiest because sealing them requires a ventilated area and they have to gas off for about a week. Or buy dragon ledges.

Just go get branches outside hun. As long as they are not pine or cedar... no trees that produce sap they are fine to use. Wash them off with a little dawn soap and hot water rinse really well and let them dry out.
Ok thank you

Back
Top Bottom